The Student Room Group

Guys - who would you rather date?

A primary or secondary school teacher? And your reasons?

Scroll to see replies

Primary - maybe more caring and kinder etc. Less work so more time with me.
Secondary - maybe more intelligent and educated. Better paid too (idgaf though).

Too many other factors to consider however.
Are you her student?
*Assuming I date people because of their career choice
*Implies OP has logic

*Where was animal lust?
*Where was personality?
*Where was common interests?

/Thread
I really doubt it would make a difference 😂
Reply 5
I hear what you are all saying but intelligence is attractive and surely a secondary school teacher would be more attractive on the basis that she is doing something slightly more academic than the primary school teacher?
Original post by Anonymous
I hear what you are all saying but intelligence is attractive and surely a secondary school teacher would be more attractive on the basis that she is doing something slightly more academic than the primary school teacher?

I don't think many people date eachother because of intelligence.

But, personally I wouldn't know because it's all about the personality etc.
Reply 7
Original post by Calzs34

So why are there so many doctor and lawyer couples, or is this because they have more common ground

When I know someone's got a good job/ went to a good uni/ got a good degree I become more attracted to them as I see them as determined and intelligent

Wouldn't really care if he was either.
I think this is a really funny/weird question to ask. Or is it just me?
So why are there so many doctor and lawyer couples, or is this because they have more common ground

When I know someone's got a good job/ went to a good uni/ got a good degree I become more attracted to them as I see them as determined and intelligent

I guess each person is different, but I wouldn't mind eitherway, I'd rather care that they were truthful and a genuniely nice person.
I have two ex-partners who are currently training to become primary school teachers so....
Secondary school teacher

They are more likely to know a particular subject in more depth.

Primary teacher as they tend to be better looking

I would date a primary school teacher because the fact that he can deal with children is pretty amazing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Professor of Biology

I like both. :wink:
Primary school teachers often have a more practical approach to life, while secondary school teachers tend to be more theoretically interested. This does not imply more or less intelligence.
Original post by KaminiZindagi
I would date a primary school teacher because the fact that he can deal with children is pretty amazing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Having to deal with teenagers is arguably just as challenging?
Original post by Calzs34

But surely being able to have interesting, meaningful and intelligent conversations is still very important?
Original post by ByronicHero
I have two ex-partners who are currently training to become primary school teachers so....

I take it you'd rather date a secondary teacher

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending