The Student Room Group

Afternoon exams, do you revise in the morning?

If you have an exam in the afternoon for example at 2 do you revise or just relax.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by the IT MAN
If you have an exam in the afternoon for example at 2 do you revise or just relax.

Revise
Reply 2
Depends if you know the material.
Or if you're one of those people who panics.

I'd revise, personally.
I'd wake up about 8/9 have breakfast, revise for a few hours, have lunch, quick last minute read over the spec, then off to the exam, I wouldn't be able to relax!
(edited 7 years ago)
I try to take some time to relax but I'd feel like I was wasting time if I didn't do something. I generally won't do past papers though, just read through my notes.
Original post by Calzs34
I'd wake up about 8/9 have breakfast, revise for a few hours, have lunch, quite last minute read over the spec, then off to the exam, I wouldn't be able to relax!

Exactly what i would do
Reply 6
Original post by the IT MAN

I never did.
It would make me more nervous
Revise! Those extra 1-3 hours mean A LOT! You could finish like 3 past papers if you're quick.
No harm in extra revising - especially if it's a case of remembering quotes, dates, stats etc to just make sure you've got it all down.
Agree with the above. Good chance for you to remember them, and at least it may stick to your mind.

Yeah I'd revise a bit, then maybe have lunch before depending on the time of the exam.
Revise, but its last minute stuff. I much prefer exams in the morning.
I love having exams in the afternoon because I always have some topics left that I haven't had the time to revise for, and it refreshes my memory for what I've already revised.
I would revise, refresh my mind of what I've been doing and then I would also try a past paper.
Obviously waking up early in the morning to do it though.
I always had a look through my notes but I relaxed on the morning so I'd be fresh/less stressed
I always endeavour to revise, but it never quite works out.
Relax. If you haven't revised for it beforehand then those few hours are not going to help.
I usually revise a bit but not hardcore. I don't do any past papers because I like to save my energy for the exam itself. I prefer morning exams though
Depends how I feel in the morning. If I'm panicky and agitated I won't let myself do anything and focus more on calming down buuuuut if I'm fine and pumped and confident I'll go over my check lists and build on my confidence. Don't learn anything when panicking tbh
Original post by Nav_Mallhi
Relax. If you haven't revised for it beforehand then those few hours are not going to help.

Utter bs. Seriously, a few hours of cramming could be the difference between an E and a C. Speaking from experience.

Quick Reply