The Student Room Group

Engineering in clearing

N/a
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by vanillapanda
Hi
My tutor refused to send my ucas application and suggested I wait until clearing to apply because of my gcse grades.
However I achieved all B's in gcse and I'm confident I'm going to get GOOD grades at a level because I've been working really hard. What is the probabilityof me getting a Russell group uni through clearing? Please if you've been in a similar position or you know someone that has been. How did it go?
Thank you!

What type of engineering? What grades at A-level?
Mechanical engineering or general. With grades AAB

Original post by ageshallnot
What type of engineering? What grades at A-level?
Original post by vanillapanda
Mechanical engineering or general. With grades AAB

Last year several RG unis such as Birmingham, Liverpool and SOuthampton had such courses in clearing. There were also courses at non-RG unis known to be good for engineering such as Lancaster, Aston and Brunel. The situation could be different this year, of course.

As to grades, the lists don't give that information but most unis in clearing give their standard offer or a grade below, possibly two if you are lucky, so AAB should be fine.
Original post by ageshallnot
Last year several RG unis such as Birmingham, Liverpool and SOuthampton had such courses in clearing. There were also courses at non-RG unis known to be good for engineering such as Lancaster, Aston and Brunel. The situation could be different this year, of course.

As to grades, the lists don't give that information but most unis in clearing give their standard offer or a grade below, possibly two if you are lucky, so AAB should be fine.

Thanks for mentioning us. :smile:

vanillapanda, if you have any questions about Aston do give me a shout. Our entry requirements for most of our engineering courses range between AAB - ABB and may go lower during clearing.

Good luck with your exams.

Josh
I would suggest trying your tutor again and applying now with predicted grades as some universities will still have places.
Swansea is well worth investigating for Engineering with a brand new campus opened this year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending