The Student Room Group

Didn't do exams cause of anxiety.

Hi guys!

I wasn't able to do my first year university exams because I go so anxious that I ended up throwing up, not sleep and not eating for a few days and every time I studied something I wouldn't be able to remember it the next day because of this anxiety.

I now (hopefully) will have to do retakes in July and pass.

I just wanted to know if this has ever happen to any of you before? And how can one deal with it?
Wow. I'm very sorry to hear this. I get really stressed during exam time too so I know exactly how you're feeling.

i could give you tips but at the end of the day I obviously have not been through the things you've been through in order to give you the right guidance but I hope this helps you :smile:

Firstly, Stress is normal everyone gets anxiety during exam season and its just the way we are, Some people are just worse than others. I think you should just do some exercise or yoga in your spare times and try your best at revision while you're doing it don't think too much about how you need to get it in to your head otherwise you'll fail just think of it as when I pass this I'm going to be one step ahead of my goal to my degree and i don't need to take anymore exams in my life. Secondly, Get enough sleep of course this will tire you out and make your anxiety 10x worse. Maybe try taking naps or even revise during the day with a group of friends so that you're able to sleep better during the night. If you would like to revise at night then i advise you to sleep in the evening for about 2-3 hours. But make sure you do your revision as it is very important.
Lastly, I know you may not have an appetite but try eating healthy foods which will make you more refreshed and chilled out.

Now anxiety is a huge thing many people struggle with but i hope you take my advice in to consideration and pass with flying colours in your exam. The main thing is to focus and look after yourself and try to do some yoga to relax ur body and mind.

HOPE THIS HELPS YOU! sorry if this is no help I hope all the best for you in your exams :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by pinkrox22310
Wow. I'm very sorry to hear this. I get really stressed during exam time too so I know exactly how you're feeling.

i could give you tips but at the end of the day I obviously have not been through the things you've been through in order to give you the right guidance but I hope this helps you :smile:

Firstly, Stress is normal everyone gets anxiety during exam season and its just the way we are, Some people are just worse than others. I think you should just do some exercise or yoga in your spare times and try your best at revision while you're doing it don't think too much about how you need to get it in to your head otherwise you'll fail just think of it as when I pass this I'm going to be one step ahead of my goal to my degree and i don't need to take anymore exams in my life. Secondly, Get enough sleep of course this will tire you out and make your anxiety 10x worse. Maybe try taking naps or even revise during the day with a group of friends so that you're able to sleep better during the night. If you would like to revise at night then i advise you to sleep in the evening for about 2-3 hours. But make sure you do your revision as it is very important.
Lastly, I know you may not have an appetite but try eating healthy foods which will make you more refreshed and chilled out.

Now anxiety is a huge thing many people struggle with but i hope you take my advice in to consideration and pass with flying colours in your exam. The main thing is to focus and look after yourself and try to do some yoga to relax ur body and mind.

HOPE THIS HELPS YOU! sorry if this is no help I hope all the best for you in your exams :smile:

Trust me, I tried everything like yoga and things, and it would make me feel better for maybe 30min. afterwards and then my mind would spin around again and i would get all anxious and stressed and the worst part is all I need to do was pass these exams but the thought of failing got me more and more anxious and since I have never written exams at uni before (this was the first time) i didn't know what to expect and it made everything worse.
Original post by katyafraisy
Trust me, I tried everything like yoga and things, and it would make me feel better for maybe 30min. afterwards and then my mind would spin around again and i would get all anxious and stressed and the worst part is all I need to do was pass these exams but the thought of failing got me more and more anxious and since I have never written exams at uni before (this was the first time) i didn't know what to expect and it made everything worse.

Try talking to someone who has done uni exams. Ask them for tips and how the exam is laid out and how they are. What are you studying?
I would say you need to just think about your end goals, Please do not stress i'm sure everyone believes in you. you are capable of anything you need to fight your anxiety and just pray for the best :smile:

Take time to revise but also take time to reward yourself after revision. Trying yoga, taking a bath or shower and just look after yourself overall. Sleep & eating contribute to the anxiety :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending