The Student Room Group

Need some advice. Do i go or stay?

Please give some helpful advice. If it helps, post a link to your question and I will answer yours.

Last year I applied for a few universities for Law. I accepted my course at Durham because I was living with my mum and it was a great opportunity. I, however, had a lot of changes after that and asked for a deferred year. They agreed. I had to move out due to certain circumstances and I now have a flat that is secured.

Thing is, my boyfriend lives me with me. (I'm the only one on the tenancy). He says he will have enough to financially live there and will be okay by himself. Thing is I'm 19, turning 20 July. He's 20, turning 21 this August. We have only been together a year.. Who knows what's around the corner? Not many relationships last. It's just, i don't want to go all the way up there to find out it's not going to work between us or he can't financially cope. I already mentioned about transferring and he got distant.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, and I need to know that I won't lose my flat and be homeless. Of course, if i was living with my mum, i would definitely be going to Durham.

The university near me is University of Surrey. Does it really matter what university you go to?

I called them up and they said there are spaces still so I could still apply.
But, there's a chance they won't accept me. They said to apply direct via UCAS. UCAS said i would have to call Durham to remove my offer.

What would you do?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by meliiee
Please give some helpful advice. If it helps, post a link to your question and I will answer yours.

Last year I applied for a few universities for Law. I accepted my course at Durham because I was living with my mum and it was a great opportunity. I, however, had a lot of changes after that and asked for a deferred year. They agreed. I had to move out due to certain circumstances and I now have a flat that is secured.

Thing is, my boyfriend lives me with me. (I'm the only one on the tenancy). He says he will have enough to financially live there and will be okay by himself. Thing is I'm 19, turning 20 July. He's 20, turning 21 this August. We have only been together a year.. Who knows what's around the corner? Not many relationships last. It's just, i don't want to go all the way up there to find out it's not going to work between us or he can't financially cope. I already mentioned about transferring and he got distant.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, and I need to know that I won't lose my flat and be homeless. Of course, if i was living with my mum, i would definitely be going to Durham.

The university near me is University of Surrey. Does it really matter what university you go to?

I called them up and they said there are spaces still so I could still apply.
But, there's a chance they won't accept me. They said to apply direct via UCAS. UCAS said i would have to call Durham to remove my offer.

What would you do?

The real question is, where do YOU really want to go? There's no point going to a uni if you're not going to be happy there. If Durham is the place you want to be, then I would definitely recommend you going there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending