The Student Room Group

Mum refusing to do student finance

What do I do? The deadline is so so close.

I don't live at home and she has all the letters for my DSA, she has my birth certificate, I don't know anyone who can sign the declaration to go with my birth certificate because they have to have known me for more than 2 years... she's known about it since Feb and she still hasn't done it and I don't know what I'm going to do it's making me so stressed and worried.

And before anyone tells me: yes I have told her repeatedly that it is important so please don't say that!!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by emiloujess
What do I do? The deadline is so so close.

I don't live at home and she has all the letters for my DSA, she has my birth certificate, I don't know anyone who can sign the declaration to go with my birth certificate because they have to have known me for more than 2 years... she's known about it since Feb and she still hasn't done it and I don't know what I'm going to do it's making me so stressed and worried.

And before anyone tells me: yes I have told her repeatedly that it is important so please don't say that!!!

Bit confused, why won't your mum sign it? Is she worried that she will be liable? Maybe this will help: https://www.brightknowledge.org/knowledge-bank/money/student-finance/what-to-do-if-your-parents-wont-support-your-student-finance-application
Reply 2
Original post by Snufkin
Bit confused, why won't your mum sign it? Is she worried that she will be liable? Maybe this will help: https://www.brightknowledge.org/knowledge-bank/money/student-finance/what-to-do-if-your-parents-wont-support-your-student-finance-application

She can't sign it!! We have to send off this form thingy with my birth certificate and they can't be related to me but she won't give it to the person who can and I don't know anyone else!!!!!! She's filled in the numbers (apparently) but won't do anything else.

Since posting the last post I have been able to get hold of my birth certificate but only because my Dad stepped in.
Original post by emiloujess
She can't sign it!! We have to send off this form thingy with my birth certificate and they can't be related to me but she won't give it to the person who can and I don't know anyone else!!!!!! She's filled in the numbers (apparently) but won't do anything else.

Since posting the last post I have been able to get hold of my birth certificate but only because my Dad stepped in.

You need a referee, is that what you're saying? If so, you could try a teacher?
Reply 4
Original post by iEthan
You need a referee, is that what you're saying? If so, you could try a teacher?

They have to have known me for more than 2 years. I have really low confidence so phoning up a doctors etc. is virtually impossible for me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending