Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Help to chose uni for marketing? CASS vs Cranfield vs Warwick vs Others

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Hey everyone,
    I currently hold offers from seven programmes in marketing, and i have no clue how to chose only one. As an intermational student I'm looking for school, that is recognized worldwide by rattings and at the same time programme, that is more pracrical. My second point is career opportunities. Also social life and general student experience is important.
    1)Cranfield University - MSc IN STRATEGIC MARKETING
    2)CITY UNIVERSITY CASS - MSc in Marketing Strategy & Innovation
    3)Warwick Business School - MSc Marketing and satrategy
    4)University of Bath - MSc Marketing
    5)University of Strathclyde - MSc Marketing
    6)University of Birmingham - MSc Marketing
    7)University of Leeds - MA Advertising and Marketing
    I like Cranfield, the course is good,it's quiet hight in different rankings, and they inspired me during the interview, but the location is not too good.
    CASS is great? it has all possible accreditations, It's in the center of London, but programme in marketing is quiet young
    Warwick is #1 one for the reputation, but, according to reviews, the programme is too theoretical

depending on your goal after graduation, and the content of the course your are looking for ?
    Regarding the location I dont think it's as bad as you think, you will be able to build better bon with your fellow classmates but also focus with less distraction than if you are in a city.
    The course is really good, and high ranked but also have students from different ages and experienced as well which allows you to share and learn even more knowledges from your peers. Some the university you mentioned dont have the same range of ages and are pretty much fresh graduated.

Dont forget that if you look for a recognised marketing degree aside the ranking it also need the CIM accreditation.

I agree with you Warwick as nice brand and reputation but the course is too theatrical.
    Leeds has a good reputation in marketing but I'm not sure among employer but it is CIM accredited
    Strathclyde is a really good school, in the center of Glasgow, not sure for the accreditation
    Cass has a really nice program and project but not really well ranked in marketing but still a good reputation.

I will advise you to really have a deeper look on each program and make some connections with your goals
    I applied to almost the same programs as you and also management program in different school
    I will end up in the MIM at Cranfield starting in september.
    I also applied to the marketing program that I really like but change my mind for the MIM.
    The school is high ranked, well recognised among employer, has all the accreditations and real consulting projects.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 11, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.