The Student Room Group

GCSE Vectors

Is vectors worth learning, iv had a little look at them and watched a video on them, they seem very hard some bits i get and others I dont. I just want to know shall I bother trying to learn them? Most people leave them out in the exam; with them tending to be the last question.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well not learning it can be the difference between an A and an A*(or any other grades you are aiming for). Try my maths as I found it really helpful
Reply 2
Original post by junayd1998
Is vectors worth learning, iv had a little look at them and watched a video on them, they seem very hard some bits i get and others I dont. I just want to know shall I bother trying to learn them? Most people leave them out in the exam; with them tending to be the last question.

Well... I'd never not learn something that would come up in the exam. :erm:
I didn't understand it either. I watched a video on youtube from hegarty maths and then i understood it. It's like 30 mins long, but worthwhile.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Zacken
Well... I'd never not learn something that would come up in the exam. :erm:

Yeah I know, its just they dont even teach it in school. Guess vectors are the true burn.
Reply 5
Original post by lovelybow
I didn't understand it either. I watched a video on youtube from hegarty maths and then i understood it. It's like 30 mins long, but worthwhile.

Posted from TSR Mobile

lmao, I watched the one on Hegarty maths as well i get a little bit but not all. ugh
Reply 6
Yeah I know, its just they dont even teach it in school. Guess vectors are the true burn.

When's the exam?
Reply 7
Original post by Zacken
When's the exam?

26th May - Non Calculator Paper

9th June - Calculator Paper
Reply 8
You should be glad if people miss those questions. You really need to learn it and when you get those extra marks you're already that much ahead of a lot of people. Try to learn them , very important m8
Reply 9
Original post by _Xenon_
You should be glad if people miss those questions. You really need to learn it and when you get those extra marks you're already that much ahead of a lot of people. Try to learn them , very important m8

Im tryin, im tryin but these are so bit** mofos
Even if you cover simple vectors it might be beneficial, I know that they're A-A* grade but even if you can secure a few extra marks that can still push you up a grade, no matter what you're aiming for.

Vectors are one of the only A-A* topics I understand, and once you start understanding them yourself it's very worthwhile :smile: If you start sort of understanding them, try corbettmaths which gives you a booklet of many exam style questions you would typically find in a paper.
Anyone understand circle theorems though??? Those pesky mofos will be the death of me :angry:
Im tryin, im tryin but these are so bit** mofos

I know how it feels. It took me a while to grasp the concept but now it's pretty easy once you know what you're doing
Vectors are always one of the end questions (I do edexcel so I am relating it to edexcel past papers). Honestly, once you understand it it will be so easy and its worth 4 marks for two questions normally! It will be like another trial and improvement question (easy 4 marks)! It's worth revising :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by george_c00per
Anyone understand circle theorems though??? Those pesky mofos will be the death of me :angry:

Hahaa, its funny you say that because Circle Theorems I fully understand but vectors on the other hand not so much lmao
Hahaa, its funny you say that because Circle Theorems I fully understand but vectors on the other hand not so much lmao

Dude let's swap brains in the exam just for those two questions lmfaoo
Original post by DamnDaniel2
Vectors are always one of the end questions (I do edexcel so I am relating it to edexcel past papers). Honestly, once you understand it it will be so easy and its worth 4 marks for two questions normally! It will be like another trial and improvement question (easy 4 marks)! It's worth revising :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I'm trying but so hard to grasp some concepts of it.
Hard at first but they get Better With Time :yy:

Spoiler

I used to HATE vectors but now they're honestly a gift of 5-6 marks and they have been on most gcse papers so it's very important you learn them.

Just do lots of practice qs, they're usually the same type every year just with different values. http://bland.in/gcse/vectors_new1.pdf
Original post by george_c00per
Dude let's swap brains in the exam just for those two questions lmfaoo

Yeah lmao just hit me up on that question lmao. Na but anyways what did you do to learn Vectors any particular good video?

Quick Reply

Latest