The Student Room Group

Women are you concerned about fertility?

It will sharply decrease after 35. Do you worry about never becoming a mother?
No
I have PCOS, it's a constant worry for me! But my family tends to be good at retaining fertility
As much as I love babies, I can just have puppies :u: or I can adopt.
A female ferility expert suffered the wrath of feminists a couple of years ago for putting out an article about how the chances of getting pregnant naturally start to fall off the edge of a cliff after the mid30s, onwards, advising women to have their children as early as practicable.
She made the mistake of thinking she should lay the facts before them so that they could make their own informed decision.
My other half worries about leaving it too late

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
My other half worries about leaving it too late

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is a dilema. Women are under pressure to put it off, build a career, enjoy their freedom etc and 'have it all'. It's the same for every country in the west. Also of course a couple off generations on people having kids in their late 30s and the grandparents aren't going to be around for much of their lives in any appreciable way while growing up.
If you aren't a mother by 35 you should just give up anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No as I plan on having kids when my fertility is still relatively high, for many reasons but especially as relatives struggle to have kids after mid 30s.
Reply 9
No, I'm not concerned in the slightest as I don't want children.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, having children isn't something I'm particularly bothered about. At the moment I don't plan on having any
Original post by PurplePixie96
I have PCOS, it's a constant worry for me! But my family tends to be good at retaining fertility

"I come from a long line of mothers..."
Original post by nexttime
"I come from a long line of mothers..."

NO, what I meant was women in my family, not just my mother and grandmother, tend to retain fertility into their 40's +
I don't worry about fertitility specifically, but I do worry about not having come across the opportunity to settle down by the time I reach thirty and beyond, which would infer worrying about fertility to a certain extent, I suppose. :holmes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending