The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Original post by HannahNorman
So I've managed to not get a bank account after saying "I'll do it soon" for the last 7 years or so (I'm 18). I'm applying for student finance via SFW but is it possible to do this without having a bank account? I plan on getting a student bank account once I've gotten my results and hence qualify for the student bank account. Thanks in advance!

Yes, you can apply now and log back in to add your bank account details later. Just make sure the system has your correct account details by, say, the end of August at the latest.
Original post by Klix88
Yes, you can apply now and log back in to add your bank account details later. Just make sure the system has your correct account details by, say, the end of August at the latest.

Ah, great, thanks!
Can you apply for student finance without having a bank account. I cannot get a bank account for 6yrs because I have a CIFAS mark due to a fraud that happened on my account. I am 18. can i open a basic account.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by matty231
Can you apply for student finance without having a bank account. I cannot get a bank account for 6yrs because I have a CIFAS mark due to a fraud that happened on my account. I am 18. can i open a basic account.

you can't get student finance without a bank account as this is how they pay you. they won't pay you in cash.
Can I use my parents card for this and what about the student loan (tuition fee) i won't need an account for that as it will go straight to the university right??
I'm not sure on the rule, I'm not sure if it has to be in your name or not. you'd have to contact and ask. you would have to make sure you trust your parents to give you it all and that they would be happy for your rent or whatever is a direct debit to come out their account. it's a complicated way to do it
Original post by fxlloutboyy
I'm not sure on the rule, I'm not sure if it has to be in your name or not. you'd have to contact and ask. you would have to make sure you trust your parents to give you it all and that they would be happy for your rent or whatever is a direct debit to come out their account. it's a complicated way to do it

Ok thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending