The Student Room Group

as level aqa geography

when they say flooding in a topic like rivers or coasts and it wants you to do a 15 marker can you refer to any flooding like cumbria or Bangladesh floods, or does it have to stick to flooding from that topic. so for example if a 15 marker in coasts say something about flooding can I mention the Bangladesh floods despite the coast not playing a big role or should I stick to boxing day tsunami flood which is related to coasts??? or does it not matter because I've only revised Bangladesh and cumbria

I know this Q was too long so id really appreciate if someone could help me out :smile:
Original post by JP1001
when they say flooding in a topic like rivers or coasts and it wants you to do a 15 marker can you refer to any flooding like cumbria or Bangladesh floods, or does it have to stick to flooding from that topic. so for example if a 15 marker in coasts say something about flooding can I mention the Bangladesh floods despite the coast not playing a big role or should I stick to boxing day tsunami flood which is related to coasts??? or does it not matter because I've only revised Bangladesh and cumbria

I know this Q was too long so id really appreciate if someone could help me out :smile:

I'd be wary about using the Boxing Day tsunami as a flood case study simply because that's an earthquake case study. Bangladesh and Cumbria are sufficient case studies if you're asked about a flood.

Edit - you're highly unlikely to get a question focused specifically on flooding in the coasts section; you could use the evidence however from case studies such as Bangladesh to support the importance of hard engineering or failure of soft/hard engineering.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Can I use the mark schemes for GEOG1 to learn off? Not the human ones because they are too vague, but the shorter physical questions have an example with them. Can I use these to revise from? Are they what I need to put to get full marks? For Cold Environments, they have explanations for features like drumlins or eskers depending on the Q. Is the answer they write hitting the higher AO3 and AO4 bands? Basically if I write down something exactly from an old mark scheme in the exam (if the question is similar) will I get higher marks. So I'm trying to use the mark scheme as a revision tool.
Original post by 246o1
Can I use the mark schemes for GEOG1 to learn off? Not the human ones because they are too vague, but the shorter physical questions have an example with them. Can I use these to revise from? Are they what I need to put to get full marks? For Cold Environments, they have explanations for features like drumlins or eskers depending on the Q. Is the answer they write hitting the higher AO3 and AO4 bands? Basically if I write down something exactly from an old mark scheme in the exam (if the question is similar) will I get higher marks. So I'm trying to use the mark scheme as a revision tool.

I'm doing A2 now and that's what I'm doing for the 7 and 8 markers and I'm predicted an A* so yeah - most definitely! But try to include some of your own information too so it isn't so obvious. For the 15 markers, it's a no-no

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending