The Student Room Group

Haven't done much revision, have 2 weeks, text book or past papers?

what will boost my grades more? I do maths, physics, chemistry, biology and RE. I want to do some damage control and make my grades higher than C's and D's, help me please, I thought I was doing good till I did the specimen paper in each class and only got a C, D and E. ugh im so ****ed
Original post by theguywhosaidhi
what will boost my grades more? I do maths, physics, chemistry, biology and RE. I want to do some damage control and make my grades higher than C's and D's, help me please, I thought I was doing good till I did the specimen paper in each class and only got a C, D and E. ugh im so ****ed

specimen papers are much more difficult than the real thing
Original post by thefatone
specimen papers are much more difficult than the real thing

I guess it's good cause it's motivated me to fire up the revision, but was super demotivating when I initially got it back
I guess it's good cause it's motivated me to fire up the revision, but was super demotivating when I initially got it back

lol i'm done with chem xD i got this meaty difficult paper which will kill me
Do past papers lots of them and then use the textbook to correct your mistakes (even if you start with just getting a U) and then use the mark scheme to learn exam techniques. Repeat over and over again.
lol i'm done with chem xD i got this meaty difficult paper which will kill me

rest in pepperonis, i'm dropping chem after this year, I reallyyyyyyyyy don't like it
Original post by bluemadhatter
Do past papers lots of them and then use the textbook to correct your mistakes (even if you start with just getting a U) and then use the mark scheme to learn exam techniques. Repeat over and over again.

ok, so should I try do like 2 papers a night and like 4 on a weekend and correct the paper to 100% after initially doing it?
@theguywhosaidhi and @thefatone Where can I find specimen papers from?
ok, so should I try do like 2 papers a night and like 4 on a weekend and correct the paper to 100% after initially doing it?

Yups! Its what I'm planning to do :lol:

Good luck to the both of us :h:
Original post by bluemadhatter
Yups! Its what I'm planning to do :lol:

Good luck to the both of us :h:

for sure, thanks for the advice <3 good luck!
rest in pepperonis, i'm dropping chem after this year, I reallyyyyyyyyy don't like it

i'm dead meat already

Original post by Philip-flop

teachers gave me mine..... i'm sure if you type in specimen papers for x subject something will come up on google

not sure man, we just did them in class, sorry i can't be of much help :<

Exam board's website, type in on google the exam board and the subject you are doing. Out of curiosity which exam boards are you doing?
i'm sure if you type in specimen papers for x subject something will come up on google

remember your exam board too!!!!!!!

Past papers, only past papers. Perhaps start with the biggest questions at the back if poss.

Quick Reply

Latest