The Student Room Group

Why are the left overly joyed with the fact we have a Muslim mayor?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Clintbarton
White people are the real minority in terms of numbers...

...but... still manage to inspire fear and hatred, colonised the f*ck out of the world with their inherent superiority, forced a race they deemed as 'inferior ' because of the colour of the skin to participate in forced labour and mutilated/severely abused the people they had a 'power' over, segregated POC so insanely, make up most of the worlds governing body, think they have a right to interfere in the business of countries that they have no affiliations with...

But white people are still a minority 'in terms of numbers' despite the profound effect they've had on the world... Ok then.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1462636600.082426.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

nonsense do you read history slavery was around since man existed plenty of white people where slaves to in the past yet you all you hear about is when black people where slaves everyone has been slaves in the past not jut one group of people plus white people who control/ controlled the world are in the minority most white people like myself are poor and have no superiority complex .
Original post by Josb
Precisely, he mostly says that he is "the son of a Pakistani bus driver", so I don't get why media and people people say he's Muslim above all.

Think about it.

Islam, in the media, is bad and is essentially the religion of terrorism. A follower of this 'bad' religion is the mayor of the capital of a progressive country.

They create hatred for a religion in the media then use it to their advantage to spark debates amongst the masses. They want to paint this image of a progressive country who are for integration, but will use his religion and race against him when something goes wrongly, just as they did with Obama.

The tories beat them to it, though, with his apparent 'ties to terrorism' which was revealed to be a load of *******s. Guess the media will be traipsing and digging through his families and his history to use for dirt on him when he inevitable gets dragged through the mud on the front pages when something goes wrong.

I wish him good luck. They are not fooling anyone with their new mayoral candidate because what influence does the mayor of London actually have on the political approach and laws of the country?

Look at Boris. What did he achieve?
Muslims are taking over. Be worried.
I'm not overjoyed, just glad he won because he was the best candidate and amused at the right-wing rage.

Maybe those leftists who are overjoyed are so because the constant attacks on Muslims by people like you clearly didn't work on most Londoners.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Antediluvian
Muslims are taking over. Be worried.

Good lord above.

There are 1.6 billion Muslims in the world. That's 23% of the global population. If they wanted to take over then they would have already.

But they don't have the same colonising, imperialist attitudes as a certain group of people in a certain era had, so I wouldn't expect anything any time soon.
I think it's 100x more pathetic when people insult absolutely everything someone with opposing views does/ says. People that have right wing views pretend they disagree with absolutely everything any "leftie" has ever done it's just childish.

Debates have turned into a forum version of rap battles.

"Why are the left overjoyed" **** off seriously, clearly only some people on the left are happy he's muslim, some couldn't care less as long as he's labour, and some people are able to see beyond titles such as labour representative, and muslim, and therefore reach an unbiased conclusion that this is a man they would like to be the mayor.

P.S I'm neither left wing or right wing because 1) I agree with some aspects of both, and disagree with some from both, 2) What's the point in claiming to have a generic set of political views when you can just have your own, 3) Because the media is controlled by those in power and they'll have you believe certain sides are better - creating a split.
Good lord above.

There are 1.6 billion Muslims in the world. That's 23% of the global population. If they wanted to take over then they would have already.

But they don't have the same colonising, imperialist attitudes as a certain group of people in a certain era had, so I wouldn't expect anything any time soon.

I'm sorry to break it to you but the argument "if they wanted to take over then they would have already" is the most redundant argument ever.

It's like saying "if this guy wanted to be a murderer he would've murdered someone already therefore he could never be a murderer since he's never murdered before"
Why are you generalizing so much?
Reply 28
They want to paint this image of a progressive country who are for integration, but will use his religion and race against him when something goes wrongly, just as they did with Obama.

I don't think religion and race are the same thing. Integrating a religion doesn't mean anything to me.

Look at Boris. What did he achieve?

Not much, but the mayor doesn't have much power.

White people are the real minority in terms of numbers...

...but... still manage to inspire fear and hatred, colonised the f*ck out of the world with their inherent superiority, forced a race they deemed as 'inferior ' because of the colour of the skin to participate in forced labour and mutilated/severely abused the people they had a 'power' over, segregated POC so insanely, make up most of the worlds governing body, think they have a right to interfere in the business of countries that they have no affiliations with...
Posted from TSR Mobile

People of every race have done that, not only white.
Original post by Josb
He is also the first mayor with a Pakistani ancestry and nobody mentions that, whilst I think it is more relevant.

He is also the first mayor tp support Liverpool.

He is also the first mayor who wanted to be a dentist.

He is also the first mayor to be born in St George's Hospital

He is also the first mayor not to be called "Ken" or "Boris"

All the facts need to be presented.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Original post by chemting
He is also the first mayor to support Liverpool.

How is it even possible?
In a word? Tokenism.
Reply 32
Original post by Omen96
Firstly, I knew he was going to win, it was guaranteed from the start, so I have no problem with the left celebrating a "left winger" winning, but that's not the case.

They are specifically celebrating that he as a "Muslim" won, they actually are turning his religion into the main story.

This forum is the best example but take social media, left wingers all over the country are celebrating the fact we have a Muslim mayor, they highlight the fact he is Muslim in particular. Left wingers are actually saying this is a win for Islam, what does that have to do with anything.

Why are the left more happy a Muslim left winger won, than any other type of left winger? That is the main question

Because you can't look beyond race, that's your problem. The guy sounds as british as the next guy, and he is educated and well-qualified for the job. We should judge him by his merit, and he is British, what more do you want!
Reply 33
Original post by limetang
In a word? Tokenism.

You thicko, he was an elected mayor. That means the people of London voted him in to his role. He deserves to win.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Josb
How is it even possible?

I know, outrageous isn't it? forget being a terrorist sympathiser... imagine having a Liverpool fan as your mayor
Reply 35
Original post by Zitterbart
Why are you generalizing so much?

They are mentally challenged from all the in breeding.
Original post by Josb
Precisely, he mostly says that he is "the son of a Pakistani bus driver", so I don't get why media and people people say he's Muslim above all.

The Pakistani bus driver thing has been getting a lot of airtime though, the BBC mentioned it first in their main pieces this morning.

What people are missing about the elation of the Left is that it was David Cameron, speaking to the nation from the House, who debased politics by effectively claiming that Khan is a terrorist. This was a horrible smear against a mainstream Labour politician and someone who is also obviously a good man and who has had his own struggles with radical Islamists because he has voted for things they hate. So it was a disgusting thing for Cameron to do and the Left are very, very happy that it didn't work.

The longer term impact is that Cameron has demonstrated again that the definition of 'terrorist' is extremely fluid and that governments like his (and the neo-fascist one in Turkey - odd company we do keep these days) are willing to misuse it to apply to political enemies they don't like. This shows the danger of ever-increasing anti-terror legislation, which almost always ends up being misused for political ends.
Reply 37
Original post by Omen96
Firstly, I knew he was going to win, it was guaranteed from the start, so I have no problem with the left celebrating a "left winger" winning, but that's not the case.

They are specifically celebrating that he as a "Muslim" won, they actually are turning his religion into the main story.

This forum is the best example but take social media, left wingers all over the country are celebrating the fact we have a Muslim mayor, they highlight the fact he is Muslim in particular. Left wingers are actually saying this is a win for Islam, what does that have to do with anything.

Why are the left more happy a Muslim left winger won, than any other type of left winger? That is the main question

I think diversity at the top will be good for London and Business.
:smile:

The Uk will be in a better position within Europe and having a different kind of mayor means he can see the world at an international level. There will be even more diversity in future times, this I believe is great for Great Britain's business prospects. Britain will have a more diverse nation and a broader scope in the future for its economic advantage. It's all good.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Omen96

Maybe because all the ISIS stuff, it would be impossible for him to win as he's a Muslim so people would be like he's a terrorist and all but he won sooo.
Reply 39
Original post by akgrsegw
I think diversity at the top will be good for London and Business.
:smile:

The Uk will be in a better position within Europe and having a different kind of mayor means he can see the world at an international level. There will be even more diversity in future times, this I believe is great for Great Britain's business prospects. Britain will have a more diverse nation and a broader scope in the future for its economic advantage. It's all good.

There is 0 evidence to suggest diversity means economic prosperity. China has near 0% diversity yet are second strongest economy in the world, soon to be the first, try again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending