The Student Room Group

Deadline today, saved work and lost work, what can I do?

Hi all,

I study at the Open University and my deadline is by midnight today and I am using the grace period.

I have saved work time and time again and unfortunately there was an error message popping up stating the program crashed and options to retrieve my work. I'm doing everything I can and I cannot access my work.

However, all the work I have done is lost and I cannot retrieve it..

I don't think I can complete the work on time.

I will contact my tutor however, I'm not sure if my tutor will accept this or provide me another day or two, however, I've got proof of my work going missing and my flu.

What can I do?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Anyone please? I have been very sick and I have proof and my work has been lost all not my fault.
Reply 2
Can anyone give advice please? I would appreciate it.
Yes definitely explain to your tutor everything you have mentioned with the proof, I'm pretty sure they can give you an extension. What program where you using and is it a legit copy? What about your computer is it old or slow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I'm using a program called BlueJ, my operating system is windows 10. It's ok now, I've managed to redo the work again and very happy to know my tutor has given me the exetension.

Thank you for helping guys!
Original post by CompSci89
I'm using a program called BlueJ, my operating system is windows 10. It's ok now, I've managed to redo the work again and very happy to know my tutor has given me the exetension.

Thank you for helping guys!

Backup your data next time!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CompSci89
Hi all,

I study at the Open University and my deadline is by midnight today and I am using the grace period.

I have saved work time and time again and unfortunately there was an error message popping up stating the program crashed and options to retrieve my work. I'm doing everything I can and I cannot access my work.

However, all the work I have done is lost and I cannot retrieve it..

I don't think I can complete the work on time.

I will contact my tutor however, I'm not sure if my tutor will accept this or provide me another day or two, however, I've got proof of my work going missing and my flu.

What can I do?

Replace your hard drive and start again. Beyond that your fudged.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending