The Student Room Group

PSYA2 help resit

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Numero Uno
Oh yeah, how much research methods are we supposed to do ?

There is no research methods in PSYA2 however last year if you noticed they snuck some in at the start of the paper. I'd suggest brushing up on RM, but not too in depth. I feel if anything research methods will be again included in stress or social influence this time round.
Alright thanks for that :smile:
What is the stem?

You are just about to cross the road when a car comes speeding round the corner andnarrowly misses you. Afterwards, standing safely on the pavement, you notice thatyour mouth is very dry, your breathing is very fast and your heart is thumping. Using your knowledge of the body’s response to stress, explain why you are likely tohave experienced these changes. ................................................................................................................................

Question 1AO2 = 4 marks Analysis of unfamiliar situation and application of knowledge ofbody’s response to stress.The STEM refers to the body responding to a short-term stressor, the release of adrenaline isresponsible for increased heart rate and faster breathing and the dry mouth is linked to thedigestive system “shutting down”. Students can refer to the pituitary adrenal system and/orthe sympathomedullary pathway. They can also refer to the fight-or-flight response. For fullmarks there must be explicit engagement with the STEM.4 marks Effective analysis of unfamiliar situationEffective explanation that demonstrates sound knowledge of the body‟s response tostress. There is explicit engagement, which relates to either at least two of thespecific changes identified in the stem or the car as the stressor.3 marks Reasonable analysis of unfamiliar situationReasonable explanation that demonstrates knowledge of the body‟s response tostress with reference to one or more of the changes identified in the stem.2 marks Basic analysis of unfamiliar situationBasic explanation of the body‟s response to stress1 mark Rudimentary analysis of unfamiliar situationRudimentary, muddled, explanation of the body‟s response to stress demonstratingvery limited knowledge.0 marksNo creditworthy material.
What is the stem?

You are just about to cross the road when a car comes speeding round the corner andnarrowly misses you. Afterwards, standing safely on the pavement, you notice thatyour mouth is very dry, your breathing is very fast and your heart is thumping. Using your knowledge of the body’s response to stress, explain why you are likely tohave experienced these changes. ................................................................................................................................

Question 1AO2 = 4 marks Analysis of unfamiliar situation and application of knowledge ofbody’s response to stress.The STEM refers to the body responding to a short-term stressor, the release of adrenaline isresponsible for increased heart rate and faster breathing and the dry mouth is linked to thedigestive system “shutting down”. Students can refer to the pituitary adrenal system and/orthe sympathomedullary pathway. They can also refer to the fight-or-flight response. For fullmarks there must be explicit engagement with the STEM.4 marks Effective analysis of unfamiliar situationEffective explanation that demonstrates sound knowledge of the body‟s response tostress. There is explicit engagement, which relates to either at least two of thespecific changes identified in the stem or the car as the stressor.3 marks Reasonable analysis of unfamiliar situationReasonable explanation that demonstrates knowledge of the body‟s response tostress with reference to one or more of the changes identified in the stem.2 marks Basic analysis of unfamiliar situationBasic explanation of the body‟s response to stress1 mark Rudimentary analysis of unfamiliar situationRudimentary, muddled, explanation of the body‟s response to stress demonstratingvery limited knowledge.0 marksNo creditworthy material.

STEM is the little paragraph they give you, if you're given a STEM you must relate back to it or use examples from the STEM.
Ah right thank you:biggrin:
Ah right thank you:biggrin:

Anytime you're given a STEM you must use it.
Also try to use the key words in the question in your answer.
The exam is tomorrow!! How are you feeling?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have no chance to be honest but ill give it a shot how about you??
I have no chance to be honest but ill give it a shot how about you??

Be positive! Go into the exam giving it your best but also believe that you can tackle each question no matter how hard or easy, and know you'll give it 100%, if you go into the exam feeling all negative you'll throw yourself off the game.

I'm feeling okay about it, fingers crossed the 12 marker is about stress. I think I can only get better than last time, I went into the exam feeling negative, uneasy, unconfident and gained a E. So time to turn that E into at least a C.
Reply 30
Original post by aimsnaywux
I will private message you now, I will type up my simple form notes for you.

Let me know if you get my message because theres nothing in my sent.

Can I have them as well please?
Original post by James_98

Direct message me what notes you need (I can't supply you all of them) but I will try my best with what I have. Message me your topics, any questions or any struggles you're having.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by James_98

check messages, private ones, not on my wall
yh any guesses what questions will come up??

any usual ones?
yh any guesses what questions will come up??

any usual ones?

I'm unsure, I looked at loopa predictions but I don't wanna go solemnly off them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Can someone tell me what time the psya2 exam is tomorrow?? I've lost my exam timetable 😫
Original post by Child98
Can someone tell me what time the psya2 exam is tomorrow?? I've lost my exam timetable 😫

I do AQA and I believe mine is 1:30pm but to be safe check with fellow classmates to be sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
I got an A in this exam last year, no idea how 🙄 If you need help PM me.
Original post by Child98

Mine is at 1 tomorrow it shouldn't be earlier so just go to school and check with examiner
how is the paper split???????????????????????????????????????????????????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending