The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Scroll to see replies

Hey!

Hopefully I will be coming to Loughborough in September :biggrin: Not sure really what to ask...what is freshers week like? It looks as though I will either be making my way up to Loughborough or spending my first day there on my birthday :frown:
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
hi female_engineer, i read on another post that you will be studying aeronautical engineering at loughborough uni in sept - so will I!! i took my a levels last yr and a gap yr this year, so have an unconditional offer to take aero eng at lboro in sept. good luck with your results!

Will
Reply 3
Ellis^
hi pep, if any1 would like info on Lufbra / Lboro uni, all u have to do is ask.
iv just fin my 1st yr and wat a great year i have had, best year of my life so far. :smile:

Ellis^

Ellis,
What subject have you been studying? Did you stay in halls for your first year? If so, which one and what was it like?

Thanks,
Will
Reply 4
Ellis^
hi pep, if any1 would like info on Lufbra / Lboro uni, all u have to do is ask.
iv just fin my 1st yr and wat a great year i have had, best year of my life so far. :smile:
Ellis^

Ok then, i will ask away :biggrin:. Is it a 'green' place, or ugly and old? Do you know anyone who does geography there, and if you do do they like it? What is the accomodation like i.e. cheap/expensive, ugly&old/modern, quiet/noisy etc? Thanks.x
Reply 5
I will be goin Loboro (decided yest!) to study English and will b doin lots of musicy stuff there at the arts centre (singin hopefully yay!)
Hopefully i've made the right decision. I chose it over kent which was better for english cos i liked the vibe more. plus how many bars do u have on campus!!! its great!!!

Cant wait to go, i think we should all have a petition for a lboro sub forum!!
Reply 6
Ive got an offer and hope to be going to lufbra to do a 5yr Meng.

- whats it like as a town, is the union nightclub as good as they say it is?

- or do you all just end up doing to nottinham for a night out?

Daniel
Reply 7
im coming to do Mcomp in Computer Science.

Place looks really great, can't wait for Freshers!
Reply 8
RyanW67
Place looks really great, can't wait for Freshers!

Hehe, cant wait neather! :biggrin:
Reply 9
im going to loughborough, will be studying media and communication studies, i'd just like to chat to some people who are definately going. Im quite nervous about the whole thing but am getting more excited as the weeks drag on!
Reply 10
I recieved a mail last week telling that my application for MSc in Sports Biomechanics will be answered with an unconditional offer, so I suposse next year I'll be up there. Anyone from the School of Sports Sciences? And... is the city as small as it looks in the map (the campus seems half of the place) :confused: ?
Reply 11
*~Amy~*
im going to loughborough, will be studying media and communication studies, i'd just like to chat to some people who are definately going. Im quite nervous about the whole thing but am getting more excited as the weeks drag on!

Im also going to lboro this year for Management Sciences and even more nervous than u. Hopefully it will be a great experience in the end not just the uni but life there as a whole as i am an international student.
Reply 12
Janealams
Im also going to lboro this year for Management Sciences and even more nervous than u. Hopefully it will be a great experience in the end not just the uni but life there as a whole as i am an international student.

yeah im sure it will be! i may meet ya around there!!
Reply 13
hope we all meet (succesfuly) there! :biggrin:
*~Amy~*
yeah im sure it will be! i may meet ya around there!!
Reply 14
yeah definately! :biggrin:
Reply 15
*~Amy~*
yeah definately! :biggrin:

I hope we will not just meet but will have fun together :biggrin:
Reply 16
Always thinking in the same things! Fun? Hard work only! Deep study! :biggrin: :cool:
Janealams
I hope we will not just meet but will have fun together :biggrin:
Reply 17
oh yeah we will be sure to have lots of fun!
Reply 18
idafepj
And... is the city as small as it looks in the map (the campus seems half of the place) :confused: ?

Um, if your after a city lifestyle you'll probably be a bit disappointed, Loughborough is only a town, and the majority of it is the university. It's a lovely place, and all the facilities are good (there is everything you could need in the town) but obviously everything is just a bit smaller than it would be in a big city.

Hope I haven't disappointed anyone.
Reply 19
Hehehe, no, don't worry, I'm not at all disapointed. Just wanted to know a little bit more before deciding. I'm from a not very big city (quite different to any English one, but small anyway) of 350.000 people, so after a year in the big metropoli (London) I think something quite the opposite would be even welcome. And what undoubtly will be welcomed are the cheaper prices!!! :biggrin:

ditzy blonde
Um, if your after a city lifestyle you'll probably be a bit disappointed, Loughborough is only a town, and the majority of it is the university. It's a lovely place, and all the facilities are good (there is everything you could need in the town) but obviously everything is just a bit smaller than it would be in a big city.

Hope I haven't disappointed anyone.

Latest

Trending

Trending