The Student Room Group

OCR Twenty First Century Science Physics P1-7 *Official Thread 2016*

P123 EXAM DATE: 25th MAY 2016
P456 EXAM DATE: 17th JUNE 2016
P7 EXAM DATE: 24th JUNE 2016

So guys, physics! :biggrin:
How are you all feeling about the exams? Any predictions for 6 markers?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NiamhM1801
P123 EXAM DATE: 25th MAY 2016
P456 EXAM DATE: 17th JUNE 2016
P7 EXAM DATE: 24th JUNE 2016

So guys, physics! :biggrin:
How are you all feeling about the exams? Any predictions for 6 markers?

i am absolutely bricking it.

i'm struggling to make predictions for 6 markers on physics because based on the 2015 paper, the questions are a bit random! but on the p456 i don't think there was much on motors or something so that could be in there! i can't even think about p7 yet - we haven't finished learning it!
Original post by louisemayorx
i am absolutely bricking it.

i'm struggling to make predictions for 6 markers on physics because based on the 2015 paper, the questions are a bit random! but on the p456 i don't think there was much on motors or something so that could be in there! i can't even think about p7 yet - we haven't finished learning it!

Aw...I know a lot of my friends are worried about physics (we had a shocking year 10 teacher) but personally it's my strongest science and I'm taking it for A Level :tongue:
Don't worry though, I'm sure with revision it will all make some sense and you'll be able to get a good grade :smile:
Ooo I really hope motors do come up! I really understand them - unlike resistance which I really need to go over as I'm constantly forgetting it...
That's a shame that you haven't finished learning P7 yet, luckily we decided to do it earlier so we definitely had enough time to finish it. Physics is the only science that we've actually finished learning the content for!
Reply 3
My 6 marker Predictions:

P1: Wegener's Continental Drift/ Predicting the fate of the universe/Parallax & Red Shift
P2: EM Radiation & Ozone layer/Climate Change and Computer Models
P3: Saving Energy/National Grid
P4: Unbalanced Forces and Acceleration/Kinetic Energy & Gravitational Potential Energy
P5: The Motor Effect/Magnetism
P6: Rutherford's Gold Foil/Nuclear Power and Waste/Dosage
P7: Sidereal Days, Solar Days & The Moon/Positions of Stars & Retrograde Motion/Astronomical Distances/Star Spectra
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi, just to let you know I've made a thread for chemistry. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4094377
Anyone know any revision notes for physics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Pissin myself for this one
I think I did alright in the bio exam maybe 42/60 then the chemistry one today was very good so I'm aiming for 50/60 but tbh I'm acc scared for physics as it's my weakest science which I haven't gotten into my head since year 9.😩 :frown: I need all the help I can get
(edited 7 years ago)
I need all the help I can get with this. Physics is my worst science! I really liked the chemistry exam today and the biology exam was ok as well, but I'm kind of hopeless at physics. If anyone has revision notes for P1-3, please let me know. Closer to the time I also need help with P5 and P6, as I was either absent for a lot of those lessons or the ones I was in I couldn't focus on well due to my mental health acting up at the time, so I basically need to completely re-learn 5 and 6 :c
Original post by thatonepunkguy
I need all the help I can get with this. Physics is my worst science! I really liked the chemistry exam today and the biology exam was ok as well, but I'm kind of hopeless at physics. If anyone has revision notes for P1-3, please let me know. Closer to the time I also need help with P5 and P6, as I was either absent for a lot of those lessons or the ones I was in I couldn't focus on well due to my mental health acting up at the time, so I basically need to completely re-learn 5 and 6 :c

I have very brief notes on P1-6 which I can PM you if you like? They're by no means very good but they might help a little? Also do you have a revision guide?
Original post by NiamhM1801
I have very brief notes on P1-6 which I can PM you if you like? They're by no means very good but they might help a little? Also do you have a revision guide?

I do, luckily. But if you could PM me your notes, that would also be very helpful! Thank you!
Original post by thatonepunkguy
I do, luckily. But if you could PM me your notes, that would also be very helpful! Thank you!

Sent :smile:
And that's good, as I honestly wouldn't pass my science exams without using them to supplement the specification!

*I highly advise everyone to read the specification before their science exams!!!*
If anyone needs help with any of the topics, feel free to ask me :smile:
I would appreciate any notes or other revision resources that anyone has for 1-3. Physics is by far my worst science and I need all the help I can get
Here are some notes for p1 and p2, i have none for p3
Anyone have the 2015 physics papers and mark schemes?
Good luck!
From what I'm gathering everyone here seems to be a bit worried about their physics exams?
If you all want I could make a few sets of revision cards or something on Get Revising for you, to use as revision? Or are the notes that other people have provided enough? Just say the word and I'll make some :smile:

Physics is my strongest science so I probably won't need to revise it as much as the other 2 so I'm willing to help you out :smile:
Reply 18
I believe I have A3 mind maps for the main points, if anyone wants me to post photos of them?
Original post by Ben.M
I believe I have A3 mind maps for the main points, if anyone wants me to post photos of them?

If you got anything for p1-3, hit me up with some!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending