The Student Room Group

OCR Twenty First Century Science Physics P1-7 *Official Thread 2016*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by NiamhM1801
Can one of you two send me it please or post it here?

here u go
Original post by LokiiR
here u go

Thank you so much! Lifesaver :biggrin:
Original post by LokiiR
I compiled what other peopel said and got this :
P1: Rocks and magnetism/Wegener’s Continental Drift(HIGHLY LIKELY)/ Predicting fate of universe/ Parallax/Relative Brightness & RedShift/Tectonic plates (maybe but lol we got geog covered for that)P2: Digital and analogue signals data analysis or photos/EM Radiation & Ozone Layer/Climate Change and Computer ModlesP3: Comparing renewable sources and what's best for an area/Carbon Cycle/Saving Energy/National Grid

check the specimen paper too

Thank you so much

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
How did people find it? I thought it wasn't that bad, but the first half of the paper I found much more confusing in comparison with the rest.
Original post by bmgaic
How did people find it? I thought it wasn't that bad, but the first half of the paper I found much more confusing in comparison with the rest.

I thought it was better than chemistry which I didn't even think was possible! Some absolutely lovely 6 markers in there as well as some other really nice questions - no ideas about science!! :biggrin:
Reply 65
I thought it was better than chemistry which I didn't even think was possible! Some absolutely lovely 6 markers in there as well as some other really nice questions - no ideas about science!! :biggrin:

I found some of them to be good. I wasn't entirely sure what I was talking about in the first question about the distorted rocks but I remember putting something about compression/heating and how older rock are below younger rocks and how it takes time (also explained sedimentary rocks).

Second 6 marker was quite good, not sure entirely about my suggestion (less lamps needed so more energy saved?) but the calculation and explanation was great and the last 6 marker was great - I wrote so much.

I suppose what threw me off were the first few questions about the dotted circle and stuff and how they can't figure out from where it came, and the question on life on planets far away (large distances? the fact we observe it as it was in the past? costs? wasn't too sure what they wanted). For the scale question, I just said angles were small, distances were large :s-smilie:

The tick boxes were great though, and the maths questions were fairly good :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
What you get for the parallax angle questions?
An alright paper but more difficult than previous past papers. :frown:
Reply 67
Is it just me or aren't parallax calculations P7? It says in the specification for P1 'Quantitative Only'
Reply 68
These are beautiful!

Original post by Ella_08
I am in love with your handwriting

Haha thanks people 😃😊
Not a great paper, what was the sankey diagram answer? (when you had to order the letters)
Reply 70
Original post by Char4ncubex
OH MY GODDDDD!!! You are an absolute legend! I real struggle with physics but these mind maps are so good with great content but not too much! x :smile:

Haha thank you 😊 I'm glad you found them helpful
Alright test! Some parts easy, some parts hard and confusing!

For the 2nd six marker question who got a power of 307.2?
Reply 72
Original post by Christina121
Not a great paper, what was the sankey diagram answer? (when you had to order the letters)

Not sure if it's right, but...

CBA (no, really) I put, because the second one was most efficient (least amount lost). For the other two, it was because the total sizes were different and the larger arrows overall was the one with greater output. Threw me off a bit.
Am I the only one who found that paper horrible? I'm going to fail physics 😂
Reply 74
Horrible paper thought it was really wordy and had no clue on the p-waves and s- waves question with the circle 😩
(edited 7 years ago)
Sankey diagram?

I got ACB
Reply 76
Original post by Wisdom2

For the 2nd six marker question who got a power of 307.2?

I got that 😊
Reply 77
Original post by bmgaic
Not sure if it's right, but...

CBA (no, really) I put, because the second one was most efficient (least amount lost). For the other two, it was because the total sizes were different and the larger arrows overall was the one with greater output. Threw me off a bit.

I put CBA although I'm not confident that it was correct
That was awful. I don't think I'll fail but I hated that intensity 6 marker!! And all the maths questions were sh**. Everyone at my school hated it in general

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Original post by Ben.M
I put CBA although I'm not confident that it was correct

I'm fairly confident it's right, because B was most efficient and that was the one with the smallest 'waste arrow'. A had the highest output so it was the one with larger arrows in general, and C had the same efficiency, but a lower output? I think that was it. I was confused at the time, but hopefully it's alright.

Original post by Ella_08
That was awful. I don't think I'll fail but I hated that intensity 6 marker!! And all the maths questions were sh**. Everyone at my school hated it in general

Posted from TSR Mobile

The intensity six marker was awkwardly worded, not sure why I needed the height of the room and everything but I guess it's OCR tricking us as it was only the distance that they gave you that was needed I think. I thought that explaining the changing intensity wasn't too bad, just photons spreading out and stuff.

I was surprised parallax measurements made an appearance, considering that's P7. I thought it was harder than 2015's paper, but that's just me. Parts were great, others were just confusing.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending