The Student Room Group

OCR Twenty First Century Science Physics P1-7 *Official Thread 2016*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by bmgaic
I was thinking the same for some of them, including the digital/analogue waves about how noise affects it (it does affect both, but digital can be cleaned up)

That was my thinking exactly!
Original post by Wisdom2
Alright test! Some parts easy, some parts hard and confusing!

For the 2nd six marker question who got a power of 307.2?

me thnk god
did anyone get 0.05 Kwh for one of the calculation questions?
And yes, i too got 307.2 for 2nd 6 marker
Reply 124
i put 310 just to round it up to a more rounded figure, should this be fine?
Original post by Sum Ting

I got this also :smile: (because 1kWh = 1000 W therefore you had to divide the power by 1000 and convert the time into hours)

I got 180 what did I do wrong??
Reply 127
Original post by NiamhM1801
I got 180 what did I do wrong??

i got 180 too it waant joules so i thought u had to do 600 * 60 * 5 which is 180000 and 180kwh
Original post by LokiiR
i got 180 too it waant joules so i thought u had to do 600 * 60 * 5 which is 180000 and 180kwh

Yeah they were exactly the answers I got!
Reply 129

I got that but I now don't see how it can be right. If the drill used 0.6kW in 5 minutes (1/12 of an hour) then it can't be 0.05kWh, as that's less used in an hour than 5 minutes, or am I doing something wrong here?
Kwh is energy transferred which is 0.6 (kw) times hours (h)- its 5 minutes so is 1/12th of an hour- u multiply and get 0.05kwh
Kwh is energy transferred which is 0.6 (kw) times hours (h)- its 5 minutes so is 1/12th of an hour- u multiply and get 0.05kwh

Yep!
Reply 132

That's what I did and what I put but it didn't seem to make sense
I have very brief notes on P1-6 which I can PM you if you like? They're by no means very good but they might help a little? Also do you have a revision guide?

Can you pm me some notes on p4-6 thanks x
Original post by Ben.M
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
IMAG0309.jpg

Hey Ben could you post or pm me notes like these but for additional physics so p4-6 please and any you might have for additional chemistry c4-6 if you do
Original post by Char4ncubex
Can you pm me some notes on p4-6 thanks x

Done - they're in the format I make notes in so sorry if it's a little confusing :smile::s-smilie:
In the last six marker, I mentioned about loads of primary sources, said issues and advantages ( including renewables) and then came to a conclusion, it that alright?
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
In the last six marker, I mentioned about loads of primary sources, said issues and advantages ( including renewables) and then came to a conclusion, it that alright?

In all honesty I can't remember what the question was or what I wrote, but it sounds pretty good to me :smile:
Done - they're in the format I make notes in so sorry if it's a little confusing :smile::s-smilie:

Thanks very much x
Reply 139
Original post by Char4ncubex
Hey Ben could you post or pm me notes like these but for additional physics so p4-6 please and any you might have for additional chemistry c4-6 if you do

Will do, I think I have them for all sciences, 1-7 if I remember correctly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending