Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

King's College Accommodation choice

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016

Hi !
    I just submitted for a Student residence through King's Accommodation Application and I'm kind of confused. Except en-suite or not, female only and under 189£ i can't choose my residence ? Or is it after ? Am I going to be able to rank residences according to my preferences ? Or I am just going to be assigned a residence without being consulted ?

As far as i can tell, that is the only say in what accommodation you can get... (i know, it doesn't give much preference)

On the KCL accommodation website it mentions that you can decline the offer and re-apply if you are unsatisfied with what they offer you, however I think there is then a possibility that you don't get an offer.

Yeah I was well put off by their accommodation methods. Previously people have spoken about how X hall was their Y choice...but we get no choices. I wanted intercollegiate and even emailed them to see if I could apply directly. In addition it says they don't take your course or college location into account at all, so I could be way out of the way which means I'll need to spend money on transportation (and food if I don't get intercollegiate housing). It seems ridiculous that we have zero choice at all as to where we are placed. We should get to at least have a top three that they could try to place first before moving on to something random. The fact that it's completely computerized is not a fair system in my honest opinion. Even their videos suggest that there are choices, but there are not. As an international student I'm paying a LOT of money to be here and I ought to get the best for that money. Some of the rooms (post grad specifically since that's what I am) that I could be placed in are easily £250+ a week JUST to get my own room and not have to share, and I STILL have to share the restroom and showers. Ridiculous.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.