The Student Room Group

How to have confidence?

In your self? I feel like whenever am out everyone is staring at me and judging me! :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
In your self? I feel like whenever am out everyone is staring at me and judging me! :frown:

For me I found that confidence is something that developed as I got slightly older and had experienced more situations. Before I had the confidence I found it helpful to act like I was confident even when I wasn't and over time that developed into genuine confidence. I just wanted to ask a bit more about this feeling that everyone is staring at you or judging you. What makes you feel this way? Do you think that there is something that makes you stand out particularly so that people will take notice?
I'm kinda like that myself, very insecure about my appearance & embarrassing myself etc. It's all in your head basically, you have to try & train yourself to think that everyone is responding to you positively. Easier said than done though I know, also day you did "mess up" or "fail" you have to put it behind you very quickly & not beat yourself up over it. Take it as an experience from which to learn from & grow as a person, that's how winning is done!!! :smile:
I wish I knew. I thought I was quite confident but I can't be otherwise I'd imagine life would be much easier.

Think positive thoughts! That's the main one!

Totally agree with you, sometimes it gets really frustrating because it kind of holds me back when I have great opportunities 😔

Posted from TSR Mobile

Crikey - you youngsters worry about a lot - but I do understand.

Speaking as an older person and wishing I was your age....

1. Look at your achievements - do you have GCSEs and A Levels - if not why not. Get them

2. Get exercise - there is nothing like that for making you feel good.

3. Have a goal in life - there is a whole world out there waiting to be explored - literally

4. Look at your personal image - it is a good bet that people are not looking at you in a negative way. So - stand tall and learn to love yourself.

5. Sometimes - where you live is not good for you. Move if necessary. There is that cliched phrase - and I hate it - "what if I fall ....... but what if you fly...."
Live a healthy lifestyle.
A lot of confidence at least starts with faking confidence, go out and act like you are confident and you will naturally become more confident.
whenever you're out, you don't stare at and/or judge everyone around you. because you're too busy worrying about yourself

try to remember that, 9.9 times out of 10, everyone else is also too busy worrying about themselves to care too much about what you're doing

idk, i've found that that's what helps me
Original post by Blondie987
A lot of confidence at least starts with faking confidence, go out and act like you are confident and you will naturally become more confident.

completely agree with this one! that's how i did it and now i love myself as does everyone else! (at least i think they do but it doesnt really matter at the end of the day!) all that matters is self confidence
Original post by becky17xoxo
completely agree with this one! that's how i did it and now i love myself as does everyone else! (at least i think they do but it doesnt really matter at the end of the day!) all that matters is self confidence

Totally agree, one of the biggest problems is self confidence. Like I'm not that confident and belittle myself and being an introvert also. Any ways I can increase my self confidence?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I used to have low confidence but over the years I have become more confident. Age has helped me but so has my social group.
Reading books on 'confidence' and watching videos on YouTube about 'how to be confident' can be helpful. Some books even provide you with tasks/activities to do to build up your confidence.:smile:

In short, confidence is appreciating things.

Appreciating people

Appreciating yourself

Accepting your own faults

Accepting others faults

Appreciating your uniqueness
Original post by SophiMai
I used to have low confidence but over the years I have become more confident. Age has helped me but so has my social group.
Reading books on 'confidence' and watching videos on YouTube about 'how to be confident' can be helpful. Some books even provide you with tasks/activities to do to build up your confidence.:smile:

Thanks, will try working with that ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ForestShadow

In short, confidence is appreciating things.

Appreciating people

Appreciating yourself

Accepting your own faults

Accepting others faults

Appreciating your uniqueness

So true, but sometimes it's really hard to appreciate yourself 😞

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saima Hasnain
So true, but sometimes it's really hard to appreciate yourself 😞

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then theres only 2 options

1) Youre being hard on yourself, youre actually quite a kind/funny/helpful pereson

2) You could work on your personality/health if you honestly tried, youll make some big differences in your attitude/lifestyle starting today!

You'll get there in the end :h:
Original post by ForestShadow
Then theres only 2 options

1) Youre being hard on yourself, youre actually quite a kind/funny/helpful pereson

2) You could work on your personality/health if you honestly tried, youll make some big differences in your attitude/lifestyle starting today!

You'll get there in the end :h:

Yeah ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saima Hasnain
Totally agree, one of the biggest problems is self confidence. Like I'm not that confident and belittle myself and being an introvert also. Any ways I can increase my self confidence?

Posted from TSR Mobile

believe in yourself! I'm sure you have many amazing attributes that make you a really great person! perhaps, however, its a case of realizing just how great a person you are! making a list of all the fab things you do everyday can be really helpful! also try to put things in to perspective. if you don't already maybe try to do some volutering because that helps with self appreciation which is really key to building confidence x
Original post by becky17xoxo
believe in yourself! I'm sure you have many amazing attributes that make you a really great person! perhaps, however, its a case of realizing just how great a person you are! making a list of all the fab things you do everyday can be really helpful! also try to put things in to perspective. if you don't already maybe try to do some volutering because that helps with self appreciation which is really key to building confidence x

Thanks 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
I always seek confidence from smiling. It sounds weird but if i appear happy and content with myself, then i dont feel like others are judging me, and i feel more confident with myself :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending