Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I look absolutely horrendous

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016

Now, i actually do, this isn't one of those model like looking girls who post pictures to get compliments because they know they are gorgeous (although of course some are actually self conscious but gorgeous nonetheless). No i am afraid i am absolutely abhorrant the reason i post this is because i have just viewed myself with fresh eyes so to speak and have noticed every single thing wrong. It is actually hilarious how ugly i am, gotta laugh or i'll cry innit because i am absolutely covered in purple marks :lol: for starters i have terrible terrible back acne which covers my entire torso (yes including my chest :/) and even comes as far down as my armpits. Then i have loads of stretchmarks from god knows what as yeh i'm not stick thing but i haven't had a baby or anything lol and i also have scars from myself as it were although i can't really complain about these cos self inflicted lol. Then my face is so ugly as well like the features are god awful and my hair is terrible as well because i wash it obsessively because i obsess over it which makes it dry so yeh.
    so to make this post meaningful and not just a 'get of ur chest thing' my question is how can i improve my appearance?

You sound familiar - me when I was younger.

As you grow older the acne will clear itself up, but for now you could go to the doctors and get prescribed lotion to help reduce or even clear the acne. The stretch marks are naturally, heck I'm skinny and hella tall and yet I have terrible stretch marks over my legs, and used to have really bad ones on my back. Try looking up bio-oil, it helped a lot with my back, the stretch marks genuinely disappeared within a month once I started using it daily! The same goes with the scars, bio-oil is good for scars, marks, anything like that, I would highly recommend it.
    As for the hair, try not to wash it so much, you've washed all the natural oils out of your hair so it will become dry. What you need to do (which will sound horrific for you if you obsess over washing it) is to let your hair get really dirty, like leave it for a week (obviously shower, and wash yourself). Then get into the routine of washing it once every three days, the oils should naturally give you healthier hair.

I'm no beauty guru but thats what I've done to attempt to improve my appearance, but over the past few years I've learn that you shouldn't be self-conscious about your features, love yourself for who you are, and rock your body! Life is too short to worry about things such as stretch marks, someone will appear in your life, and will love every inch of you!
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Cats: Yay or nay?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.