The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

2016 requirements compared to 2017

Hello.This year I have decided to go to university and study, my ideal university would be Sussex, although, the 2016 entry requirements for my course would allow OU certificate, But the 2017 requirements does not state they would accept OU.

The 2016 course states
“Access to HE Diploma Typical offer: Pass the Access to HE Diploma with at least 45 credits at Level 3, of which 30 credits must be at Distinction and 15 credits at Merit or higher.
Specific entry requirements: The Access to HE Diploma should be in Computing or Science. Successful applicants must also have GCSE (or equivalent)Mathematics, with at least grade B.
For more information refer to Access to HE Diploma.

And in Access to HE Diploma.”

It states

“Open University (OU)60 credits at level 1 from the OU would be suitable for first-year entry. If you have 120 or more credits, it may be possible to consider you for direct entry into the second year.“ Although In the 2017 requirements it states“
Access to HE Diploma
Typical offer: Pass the Access to HE Diploma with 45 level 3 credits at Merit or above, including 30 at Distinction.
Specific Entry requirements: The Access to HE Diploma should be in Computing or Science.Successful applicants must also have GCSE (or equivalent) Mathematics, with at least grade B.

And does not state anywhere anything about Open University.
Does anybody know if Open University would still be accepted for the 2017 course it would be massively appreciated.

The course I plan to do at OU is Certificate of Higher Education in Computing & IT and a second subject· Gaining me Certificate of Higher Education in Computing & IT and Mathematics· Also 120 Credits
Thank You for your time.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
I'd suggest emailing them directly - no one here can really know for sure. That said, I doubt they'd change their requirements so radically in one year by removing the OU qualification as appropriate - it's very likely that they missed it (but email them!).

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
Original post by *Stefan*
I'd suggest emailing them directly - no one here can really know for sure. That said, I doubt they'd change their requirements so radically in one year by removing the OU qualification as appropriate - it's very likely that they missed it (but email them!).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the reply, i have emailed them now. thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending