The Student Room Group

Turkey is going down the authoritarian route.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SemiteLog
In democracies, people cannot destroy democracies according to their will. Learn what is democracy first.

It seems you don't know what it entails ...
Original post by chemting
It seems you don't know what it entails ...

Admit it, you are a hypocrite when the events develops as the opposite of your interests.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 22
Why do you interested to extend this issue this much ? Simply accept it tht you dont like democracies when it does not work for your interests and dont forget you are a kingdom.

You mean a democracy is a system where the leader imprisons those with opposing viewpoints? You're so shameful defending that lunatic.
Original post by inhuman
You mean a democracy is a system where the leader imprisons those with opposing viewpoints? You're so shameful defending that lunatic.

This is a false propaganda done by your government and by many other Western governments. No person in Turkey is imprisoned because of they disagree with government (LoL).
Admit it, you are a hypocrite when the events develops as the opposite of your interests.

Admit it, Erdogan is not the utopian great leader you thought he would be...
So out of curiosity, do you think he is dishing out "justice"?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
This is a false propaganda done by your government and by many other Western governments. No person in Turkey is imprisoned because of they disagree with government (LoL).

Do you actually believe that? Every western newspaper randomly throws a dart at the world map and says oh look Turkey, let's write lies about Turkey.

Where do you live?
Original post by inhuman
Do you actually believe that? Every western newspaper randomly throws a dart at the world map and says oh look Turkey, let's write lies about Turkey.

Where do you live?

I can't wait for their lies about Botswana!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by inhuman

Where do you live?

I dont believe that, I know that. Turkey is getting stronger with its Islamic govt. and this makes Western countries uncomfortable. They are trying to destroy Turkish govt. in any way, does not matter how, any way, especially Britain wants that. British backed Kemalist system is collapsed in Turkiye and Britain cant control Turkiye anymore.

Many journalists have been imprisoned and there are big problems with freedom of the press.
Original post by RF_PineMarten
Many journalists have been imprisoned and there are big problems with freedom of the press.

Any person who claims of being "journalists" are imprisoned or deported because of committing constitutional crimes such as sharing state secrets. Western media is not talking about the details, they are fooling you.
I dont believe that, I know that. Turkey is getting stronger with its Islamic govt. and this makes Western countries uncomfortable. They are trying to destroy Turkish govt. in any way, does not matter how, any way, especially Britain wants that. British backed Kemalist system is collapsed in Turkiye and Britain cant control Turkiye anymore.

I somehow knew you were going to post something like this :tongue:

Ironically, this is what the ayatollah in Iran says all the time to counter all the democracy movement/protests - I'm sure just like Iran, Turkey is also getting stronger with their Islamic neo-Ottomanist govt :smile:

Erdogan is out their to defeat all the Zionist/western agendas and to lift Turkey to the golden days.
Reply 32
Any person who claims of being "journalists" are imprisoned or deported because of committing constitutional crimes such as sharing state secrets. Western media is not talking about the details, they are fooling you.

And who decides what constitutes as "state secrets"?

Are you for real or a troll?
Original post by inhuman

Didn't you know? comparing Erdogan to Gollum is a state secret...
Turkey is a democracy and Erdogan is a president elected by people. You dont like democracy when it does not work for your interests ?

So does Assad and Putin.

and you get thrown into jail for exposing state secret!!!

Insulting people is not allowed in Turkiye. Insult is an hate speech and have nothing with freedom of speech. The doctor who compare Erdogan to Gollum is not jailed, just sued and fired from his job.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by inhuman

The ones who prepares constitutions in democracies.

Stop hypocrisy, you cant win this game.
Reply 38
The ones who prepares constitutions in democracies.

Stop hypocrisy, you cant win this game.

What does this mean? Throw around some random insult in attempt to pretend my argument is invalid?

Did Erdogan "prepare" the constitution? On his own?

What if the constitution is inherently undemocratic? Any random dictator can make one to his liking...
Reply 39
Insulting people is not allowed in Turkiye. Insult is an hate speech and have nothing with freedom of speech. The doctor who compare Erdogan to Gollum is not jailed, just sued and fired from his job.

So his life is ruined because he made a joke on Facebook? Nice country you live in there.

Also, I don't think you understand the term hate speech.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending