The Student Room Group

What is a chav?

Typically it I a council estate northerner, but to me it can also be a wealthy person that drives a Lamborghini, wears designer n lives in essex
Original post by Blue_Mason
Typically it I a council estate northerner,

No.

You think the south doesn't have these people?
Reply 2
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
No.

You think the south doesn't have these people?

They do exist

also urban dict says

Picture this a young lad about 12 years of age and 4 ½ feet high baseball cap at ninety degrees in a imitation addidas tracksuit, with trouser legs tucked into his socks (of course, is definitely the height of fashion).

This lad is strutting around, fag in one hand jewellery al over the over, outside McDonalds acting as if he is 8 foot tall and built like a rugby player, when some poor unsuspecting adult (about 17/18) walks round the corner wanting to go to mcdonalds

for his dinner glances at the young lad, the young lad jumps up in complete disgust and says

“Whats your problem? Wanna make sommin of it? Bling Bling”

when the adult starts to walk towards the young lad, the young lad pisses himself and runs off to either his pregnant 14-year-old girlfriend or his brother in the army crying his eyes out.
(edited 7 years ago)

Dilly ding dilly dong.
We are in the Champions League man!
Do chavs even exist any more
"n lives in Essex" - no.
Council Housed And Violent is what it stands for. I'm sure you can figure out what type of people it refers to by that.
Reply 9
It was a way to undermine those who were poor and its stands for 'Council Housed And Violent'. It was a rather derogatory term but nowadays people just use it without any thought as to the background... :confused:
Original post by ivybridge
"n lives in Essex" - no.

Yes, Essex has the other spectrum of chavs, uno the ones who drive range rovers with body kits and sport fake tans and smell like a lynx factory.
Original post by Blue_Mason
Yes, Essex has the other spectrum of chavs, uno the ones who drive range rovers with body kits and sport fake tans and smell like a lynx factory.

I live in Essex - no.
Goodness, chavs are the general distractors in a school. They don't follow the rules and as a result, will fail in life. Selfishly, they rebel against simple things such as taking their coat off inside and wearing standard school uniform. By doing this, they steal the precious (and limited) teaching time left before our final exams. For heaven sake, I hate them!

Quick Reply

Latest