The Student Room Group

Applying to student finance late

My passport is in the process of getting renewed and I do not yet have a bank account. For these reasons I'm afraid my application for student finance is going to miss the deadline. What happens if I miss it, will I not get my loan for the following school year?
The "deadline" everyone talks about is the one which means you'll get your finance on time. As long as you apply by June 2017, you'll get your finance. But if you apply after May 31st, it may be late. Late being after you've started your course in September / October.
Reply 2
To add to the above - you do not need a bank account in order to submit your SF application. In any case, you won't be able to open a student bank account until you have a confirmation letter/email that you have a confirmed place at uni. If you hold a conditional offer, that won't happen until after results day.

You can submit your SF application without filling in the bank account details. Once you have an account, you just log back into your application and enter the account details. You just need to make sure you do that in plenty of time before your first SF payment is due. Maybe give yourself a target date of doing it during August and definitely by the end of that month.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending