The Student Room Group

Is it too late to start studying to get an A?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Oblivion99
NOO. Its not too late, if you start a strict revision ethic then it'll be easy for you to get A's :smile: I revised for some of mine, last year, the night before and came out with A*'s :P

How did you revise?
Reply 21
Original post by #_#
Does he cover everything? I heard of him but didn't know he was that good. I'll check him out. Thanks.

Yes he does. go to his website then at the top there is a green button that says go to the old hegarty maths website and that is where u will find all the topics and different sections. the gcse videos playlist on youtube is just to secure a grade C/B. I used to watch things like mathswatch but they dont really give u real exam questions and they dont explain thing properly, like when u should use Pythagoras or trigonometry and how to know the difference (i didnt know these before)
You revised everything the night before? For what subjects? That's amazing :smile:

NOO. Its not too late, if you start a strict revision ethic then it'll be easy for you to get A's :smile: I revised for some of mine, last year, the night before and came out with A*'s :P
Reply 23
Original post by #_#
I've had a ton of coursework to do and so I haven't really been studying as much as I should have. If I start studying now a lot, is it too late to get an A? This is for all subjects, involving Maths, Chemistry, Physics, etc.

Thank you. :smile:

No it's not at all - I promise. I'll refer you to my post on another thread as to why:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4068469&p=64658245#post64658245

So yeah - if I can do it so can you! :smile: Good luck.
Original post by Tiara006
You revised everything the night before? For what subjects? That's amazing :smile:

English Lit/R.S/ICT :smile:
English Lit/R.S/ICT :smile:

I've done flashcards for everything in ICT and RE... Do you think it's possible I could learn them in the next week? Also, I'm on edexcel for English lit, how did you prepare for it?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by romansholiday
I've done flashcards for everything in ICT and RE... Do you think it's possible I could learn them in the next week? Also, I'm on edexcel for English lit, how did you prepare for it?

Thanks in advance :smile:

Yeah, ICT is more (I believe) knowledge based with a few facts and figures. R.S is also, just makes sure you know definitions/quotes.

I made a mindmap the night before and I added different colours. I then re-read my quotes/notes on it again and again. I woke up three hours before the exam and I had stuck it above me on the wall so when I woke up I would be re-reading, trying to word (by heart) everything on the paper. Don't leave the bed until you know everything on and then keep asking yourselves questions on your way to school/telling yourself about the characters/themes.
Reply 27
Hey guys!

I know this is really late, but thanks for all of your support!
I ended up getting 1 D*, 2 A* 7A 3B

Thanks for revision techniques, videos, etc. You a;; helped. x

XXXXX

Quick Reply

Latest