The Student Room Group

Honest Opinions: What do you think about homosexuality?

Scroll to see replies

If i saw that i would be like in my head like wtf some battz yutes !! :u:
I have no problem at all with gay people
Original post by slade p
My view is that homosexuality should not be normalised legally or by society. It should be practised privately.

Du bist zurück!!!
Original post by STEMisSuperior.
I dont hate gays. I just dont agree with homosexual acts.

Im against discrimination totally. Except that your comparison with racism and homophobia isnt relevant. Im against the act of gay sex.

What do you think constitutes homosexual acts?
Live and let live. And ignore the haters. In a few decades from now, we as a population will see those people as being as delusional as those who opposed desegregation in the states.
I don't agree with it because there are two genders that go well together to reproduce and our bodies weren't made to be in same sex relationships which is why gay couple's can't have their own children but I'm okay with it. If I saw a gay couple, I'd do or say nothing because it's their life and they should live it in a way that makes them happy. I haven't really seen or heard of any gay hate crime in the area I live in so I can't say what the crime rate is like.

Most people are okay with homosexuality in the modern world but some are stuck with old values and that making it impossible for them to accept that not everyone is straight now.

Holding hands in public is risky because gay people still get attacked so I wouldn't advise doing it when it's just the two of you. If there are friends/family with you then go ahead because it'll be safer with more people around you meaning no one will dare do anything physical but they still may give you verbal abuse.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 17 and openly homosexual. A boy I'm speaking to and me have discussed holding hands in public but I'm personally scared of doing that in fear of being tormented or even being the victim of hate crime.

What are your honest opinions on homosexuality? How would you react if you saw a gay couple in the street? What's it like around your area where you live in terms of hate crime and gay people?

YOLO, enjoy your life whilst you can.:tongue:
Don't get influenced by judgemental people :h:
I don't see why it would affect anyone else what you choose to do, do what you want and ignore anyone who tells you otherwise.
Original post by samzy21
I don't agree with it because there are two genders that go well together to reproduce and our bodies weren't made to be in same sex relationships which is why gay couple's can't have their own children but I'm okay with it. If I saw a gay couple, I'd do or say nothing because it's their life and they should live it in a way that makes them happy. I haven't really seen or heard of any gay hate crime in the area I live in so I can't say what the crime rate is like.

Most people are okay with homosexuality in the modern world but some are stuck with old values and that making it impossible for them to accept that not everyone is straight now.

Holding hands in public is risky because gay people still get attacked so I wouldn't advise doing it when it's just the two of you. If there are friends/family with you then go ahead because it'll be safer with more people around you meaning no one will dare do anything physical but they still may give you verbal abuse.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So if homosexuality is wrong because we cannot reproduce, does that not mean sex between elderly or infertile couples is also wrong?
Seeing how much everyone is saying they don't care shows how much the conversation and controversy over n over has just exhausted most people from having or saying an actual opinion

Gay is so last yr and so is fightin about it

Just don't push it in my face and I'll ignore you as much as I ignore straight couples

I do however feel a bit lame for never seeing a gay couple in person as far as I know :\
So tbh I dunno exactly how I'd react, I've never seen em
But I think I'm fairly mature when I see "different" kindsa people like little people, severely disabled people, homeless people, I don't stare or run off or point n laugh n stuff which honestly makes me feel kinda nice seeing as I can be a right dick sometimes haha
I don't think my city would be very gay friendly. I mean, it makes me laugh really because everyone is all for being equal and try to make themselves look good on social media by saying they don't care about gays, but I bet they would act differently if they saw them in public holding hands. For example, I go to college with a few people who are fine with me being gay, and the vast majority of them would find it cute for me to hold hands with a boy in public, but there will be some who don't like the physical expression, yet they're fine with the orientation in itself. That's what I can't get my head around :s-smilie:

I think my city as a whole is pretty gay friendly as it's a city there's even a "gay village" here
I can't imagine small towns though
However go ultra local in my town and idk how a gay would fare since there's a huge need to be tough
I don't really have an opinion on homosexuality so that's a toughie. I don't think its a good idea to be holding hand in public. And before anyone verbally attacks me and claim that I have a problem, I don't. Its just not a safe thing to do and will get bad reactions.

I probably would be a bit surprised, and weirded out. Like "woah! Two gay men holdin hands in public!" Then walk away, reflect on it, tell my parents, friends, then stop talking about it. That's how I reaction to interesting things that usually don't happen.

I seen gay people, one gay couple at a restaurant, had a gay substitute teacher and had a full term gay principal. Although they never openly said I'm gay it was pretty obvious they were. Two gay men holding hands would be the first and new to me. I seen gay couples in media, and manga but in reality holding hands? Its just a new feel to me. The two bi people I somewhat know personally talk about the relationship they been but never actually saw anything like that up close and personal.

Its one thing to read a manga revolve it, and seeing a tv show with a gay couple (Ian + Mickey Shameless USA version :colondollar:) but seeing two gay men holding hands ? I don't know.

I just think its not safe or worth it. Transgenders males (men who think they're women) do get murdered once and a while but I mainly think its a lack of communication on the transgender's part. Oh well.. On to gays. I rarely hear news bout people killing gays. Some people may be disgusted by homosexuality but they won't go on a gay hunt. Holding hands may be just as bad as kissing.

Men/boys do call each other fags for too affection or physical. Not cuz they expect them to be gay but as an insult. Most people will spew all the bullcrap about how accepting they are of gay people but deep down they don't roll that way. They get real uncomfortable when you make a scene. People do not care how gay you are as long you don't make into a show.
(edited 7 years ago)
Being gay is completely natural. Animals do it all the time.
I really don't care.
As long as they are not doing some stupid crap that affects me then I am fine.
Respect me and I will respect you. As simple as that.
I'm 17 and openly homosexual. A boy I'm speaking to and me have discussed holding hands in public but I'm personally scared of doing that in fear of being tormented or even being the victim of hate crime.

What are your honest opinions on homosexuality? How would you react if you saw a gay couple in the street? What's it like around your area where you live in terms of hate crime and gay people?

I have no issue with it. Who you want to sleep with is none of my business. Where I live is very much socially liberal so it's not uncommon to see homosexual couples holding hands, particularly at the university.
Original post by slade p
My view is that homosexuality should not be normalised legally or by society. It should be practised privately.

Why do you think like that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ivybridge
? Okay, conclusion: you haven't a brain cell and your username is ironic.

Conclusion reached by someone who reacts like a small child throwing a tantrum when something doesn't go his way.

Note to self, don't engage with little kids.
Original post by slade p

Oh, God - you're back again.
Original post by ivybridge
Well done for informing OP of his own sexual orientation - do you want a medal or a trophy with that certificate?

This was bloody brilliant :rofl:
Original post by brainhuman
Conclusion reached by someone who reacts like a small child throwing a tantrum when something doesn't go his way.

Note to self, don't engage with little kids.

Yeah, right... because you're not the child for feeling queasey when you see two men in-love. ****ing grow up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending