The Student Room Group

Is it possible to do Alevel in one year?

I heard there are Aslevel and A2level. Is it possible to do these exams in one year? and If it is possible, do I need to take both Aslevel and A2level?
Reply 1
Original post by Kylee98
I heard there are Aslevel and A2level. Is it possible to do these exams in one year? and If it is possible, do I need to take both Aslevel and A2level?

It's possible, but very very difficult. Since they had introduced a new syllabus, in order to receive a full A-level in a particular subject you must do all the exam (both AS and A2) at the end of your 2nd yr of A-levels (yr13).
Original post by Kylee98

Yes, you need to do both, for one subject it's pretty common to do the whole thing in a single year. But for more than one subject you usually split into 1st and 2nd year. So you'd take the AS levels in the first year and A2's in your second year.

Which subject(s) are you thinking of taking and what exam board?
Reply 3
Do you plan to self study them?
Reply 4
I sat Maths and Further Maths AS and A2 in the same examination period , but it was very tiring .
You have to sit both AS and A2
Reply 5
That depends on the subject and exam board. With the introduction of the linear A Levels without AS, you might just be able to do so.
Doing maths AL in one year. Very possible but it'll take a tad more dedication.
Some guy on TSR is attempting to study 4 A levels in 4 months.

[video="youtube;8LkkolBYxCY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LkkolBYxCY[/video]
Reply 8
Original post by Kylee98

I promise you it's possible :smile:

I am doing International A-levels as I don't live in the UK (and it's known to be tougher than the ones in UK) and I literally started studying about 2 weeks before my exam and I already sat for 2 of my AS papers, My A2 exams are on the 20th and I just started the syllabus. Because I model professionally so I was busy during New York fashion week yet I am managing studying both AS and A2 syllabus for 4 subjects right now - If I can do it so can you! :smile:
It can definitely be done - I think I will get As in my subjects at the least Bs which isn't too bad. So yeah deffo can be done but the most important thing is if YOU think you can do it. It's all about your mental strength and confidence I suppose.

My subjects are Math, Economics, geography and history and i find that I am able to remember a concept after I read it once because I genuinely find the subjects interesting and WANT to learn them - so choose subjects you're genuinely interested in and stay confident and you'll do great I promise! :smile: If you wan't I can give you an update in August abut my results although after how the first 2 exams when I am certain I'll get A's if not B's inshallah.

Also if any of the subjects you want to study are similar to mine, I can deffo help you, given it's after my exams cause I've got a sh*t load of work to do right now haha. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest