The Student Room Group

Why are exams getting harder?

Just looking at past papers for my a level subjects and exams are getting way harder, just wondering why are they doing this? It seems really unfair how papers back in 2010 were simple and straight forward
Reply 1
Original post by imran_
Just looking at past papers for my a level subjects and exams are getting way harder, just wondering why are they doing this? It seems really unfair how papers back in 2010 were simple and straight forward

Grade boundaries will be lower, i think grade boundaries are set by normal distribution

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
If you understand the topic, no question should phase you unless it's creative

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by imran_

As a teacher, I can assure you the papers aren't getting harder - you need to compare grade boundaries.
Reply 4
Every single year, the students taking an exam say this year is harder

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Sometimes I find that exams from 2013 are way easier than 2016
Because of the competition I think.Too many students are studying now than 5 years back
Before most courses were modular so there was only specific content you needed to know for certain paper i believe. Now it is linear so you take exams at the end of the 2 years which test you on the stuff you learnt. If you have a solid understanding of the content and have done practice questions you will be fine

Quick Reply

Latest