The Student Room Group

Will I be on the new system or the old system?

Will try keep this short.

I was at university this year but I dropped out in February, obviously under the old system. Unfortunately I got completely dicked over by SFE because my parents are divorced and my mum's new partner lives with us so his income had to be taken into account too which meant I got paid less that I was expecting, and was given nowhere near enough to live on, blah blah blah.

I'm starting a new course from Year 1 in September and have reapplied for Student Finance again, and am now waiting to hear back to see how much I'll get. Obviously the income will be the same as last year, but under the new system I'd get so much more money and, although it still wouldn't be anything amazing, it would actually cover my accommodation for next year which would be ideal.

So, because I've already applied for student finance before am I still stuck on the old system? Or because I'm starting a new course from the first year am I now on the new system? Also, if I am on the old system, is there any way it would be possible to be put on the new system?

Thanks
New course = new system in short.
Original post by Tiger Rag
New course = new system in short.

Cool, thanks.

Was just curious since on my application for this year it still says I could get a grant alongside my loan? Here's a screenshot.

It says September 2015 at the top for some reason, not sure why though, since I'll be there from September 2016.

Student Finance.png
Original post by pizzanomics
Cool, thanks.

Was just curious since on my application for this year it still says I could get a grant alongside my loan? Here's a screenshot.

It says September 2015 at the top for some reason, not sure why though, since I'll be there from September 2016.

Student Finance.png

Did you apply for September 2026 start?
Original post by Tiger Rag
Did you apply for September 2026 start?

Yeah, applied for September 2016 start, but it is linked to my old application. Like I can see the application for my old course underneath the application for this course for 15/16.

Could just be an innocent mistake and I accidentally put a September 2015 start instead of 2016, in which case I'll just phone up Student Finance tomorrow.

Edit: Would it be easier/quicker to just cancel my application and start again? I'm still waiting for my mum to get an email from SFE (after waiting about a week...) so my application hasn't been 100% completed yet although everything is done my end.
(edited 7 years ago)
Phoned them up earlier and they suggested that I cancel my application and start again. Got sent a form to fill out by hand which I need to post back - all sorted. Thanks. :smile:
Original post by pizzanomics
Phoned them up earlier and they suggested that I cancel my application and start again. Got sent a form to fill out by hand which I need to post back - all sorted. Thanks. :smile:

You're welcome. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending