The Student Room Group

Rs a - level

Hey everyone my RS AS exam is less than 2 weeks away. I have struggled all year with RS, with the highest grade being a B in one of my essays but mostly E's and U's..
Is there anything you could suggest apart from dropping it and teacher support as I am already going to 3/4 extra hour revision sessions a week.
No matter what I do my grades are not improving..
Original post by jeevan12
Hey everyone my RS AS exam is less than 2 weeks away. I have struggled all year with RS, with the highest grade being a B in one of my essays but mostly E's and U's..
Is there anything you could suggest apart from dropping it and teacher support as I am already going to 3/4 extra hour revision sessions a week.
No matter what I do my grades are not improving..

Drop it. You should focus on your other exams
Reply 2
I already do 3 subjects as my deputy head ruined my options at the beginning of the year. If I drop RS, I would be doing 2 subjects..
Original post by Mr Moon Man
Drop it. You should focus on your other exams
Oh, okay. What do you actually find difficult about RS?
Reply 4
The whole of the essay! I understand what I learn but the mark schemes for the essays are ridiculously strict.
Oh, okay. What do you actually find difficult about RS?
Original post by jeevan12
The whole of the essay! I understand what I learn but the mark schemes for the essays are ridiculously strict.

Look at some modal answers, they should help
Reply 6
Thats what helps me through almost every essay lol
Look at some modal answers, they should help
Which exam board are you doing it with? I'm not sure if it's the same for every exam board but this is how I've been taught to do the essays. For the part A essays we use the structure of point, evidence, explain - so basically, we state the info, find something to back it up with, and explain what that then means.

For the part b essays we use the "fac fac o" structure - which is: an argument for the statement, a direct counter argument against the statement, and a mini conclusion of which side of the argument is the strongest. we do that x2 and then an overall conclusion of which side of the entire argument is stronger.

I hope that helps you a bit with structuring the essay - for the actual information to go in the essays I try to think of what points I know the most about and use the structures to help me make my point.

If you need anything else feel free to ask! :smile:
Reply 8
That sounds similar to mine A01 AND A02 Questions - Im with AQA!
Thank you for the detailed response x
Original post by lillypad2104
Which exam board are you doing it with? I'm not sure if it's the same for every exam board but this is how I've been taught to do the essays. For the part A essays we use the structure of point, evidence, explain - so basically, we state the info, find something to back it up with, and explain what that then means.

For the part b essays we use the "fac fac o" structure - which is: an argument for the statement, a direct counter argument against the statement, and a mini conclusion of which side of the argument is the strongest. we do that x2 and then an overall conclusion of which side of the entire argument is stronger.

I hope that helps you a bit with structuring the essay - for the actual information to go in the essays I try to think of what points I know the most about and use the structures to help me make my point.

If you need anything else feel free to ask! :smile:
Reply 9
Thank you for your advice. I heard a lot of people do better in the actual thing than the mock which I find odd?
I am doing all the same topics as you! Did you know any good revision sites/notes?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending