The Student Room Group

Do my AS exams affect my overall grade in A2?

I'm currently taking Maths (Edexcel), Further Maths (Edexcel), Computing (OCR) and ICT (not sure) in my AS levels and plan to drop ICT to take on the other 3 as full A-levels next year,

when I go to apply to University, will the grades that I receive this year affect my overall A2 grades or are they completely separate?

I'm worried that I won't be able to do my best this year because of external factors affecting my personal life and want to know if this will negatively influence my attempt at getting into University

Thanks!
(edited 7 years ago)
With the new A Level changes, most year 12 exams don't count to your final A Level grade, but you do still get separate AS level qualifications. With mathematics and further mathematics, they do still count, but for most other subjects they don't. I imagine that any coursework in subjects will count to year 13. Universities look at your AS levels as they are a strong indication as to what you'll get in year 13, especially for maths as they do count. Don't be worried though, universities expect you to do better in year 13 - I know someone who got ABCC at AS Level and have an offer for Oxford, where they expect you to get A*A*A in year 13!!

PS well done for choosing further maths, it's great! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest