Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

What to include in law personal statement

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016

Im currently at a2 and when i finish my exams and recieve my results i will be applying for uni (first time). I have pretty much nothing extra curriculam to write about and so i was wondering what i could do from August- december/january to boost my personal statement for law

- Should I read law books if so which ones?
    - Should i look for a week or two of work experience in a law firm?
    -should i sit through a trial at a crown court?

Is there anything else that you recommend me doing before I apply to boost my chances?

Btw Im probably going to get ABB but hopefully AAB so i will be applying to one or two russel group and the rest lower in the uni league table with the lower entry requirements.

Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile

I recommend going to court as it's a really good thing to put on your personal statement but remember to say what you liked about it/ what interested you most about it.

Work experience is always a good thing to have, even if not for your personal statement but obviously it will make you stand out (and be helpful later if you want internships during summer). I had experience for a few days but just didn't specify the time, as long as you can show you got something out of it then that's all they want to see

Book wise, maybe read something controversial in the area of law (I read something on women in the law) which was boring but I got my offers!

Maybe even try to pinpoint your interest in law to a certain individual or certain event.

Good luck

Thanks, much appreciated

Posted from TSR Mobile

Law is an academic subject so you need to show that you know that and have done some reading around it. Have a look at course structures to get an idea of what will be taught and read around those topics. Work experience etc are not necessary as law is an academic subject.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do you wear to bed?
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.