The Student Room Group

f211 paper predictions 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Richpeasant
The one about stem cells, i had no idea about, not sure it's in either of my text books either, and that last question was just, who ever came up with that should be shot

agreed.

-I got confused with that one marker
- the last 4 marker
- and that stupid 2 marker comparing water potensials.. I couldent understand why in the lower one (-500) FEWER contractile vacuoles would be transported out when the h20 potensial is more negative and steep . what the actual ****

also the two types of cells found in mosses - I said palisade+ waxy cuticle.. sure waxy cuticle is wrong tbh
Reply 61
Surely must be very low grade boundaries...
I put palisade and guard cell
Reply 62
what did people get for the calculation?
Original post by Anymorefor123
agreed.

-I got confused with that one marker
- the last 4 marker
- and that stupid 2 marker comparing water potensials.. I couldent understand why in the lower one (-500) FEWER contractile vacuoles would be transported out when the h20 potensial is more negative and steep . what the actual ****

also the two types of cells found in mosses - I said palisade+ waxy cuticle.. sure waxy cuticle is wrong tbh

I assume for the method it uses to remove water you put osmosis? I put exocytosis as the vacuole would fuse with the cell surface membrane. And that's how i came to the conclusion that the water moved in at -100kpa because inside the cell was more negative (I'm not sure if the vacuole is a membrane and if this is the case the water water potential of the vacuole what be different to other parts of the cell. Anyway, then when it got too -500 the water potential outside the cell was lower then inside so the water moved out by osmosis, instead of the vacuole thing removing it. That was my thinking, i could be completely wrong. I only thought of that because like you the question made no sense to me so i came up with some magical answer haha

EDIT: I'm aware that exocytosis isn't right, but i thought osmosis wouldn't of been either, hmm
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 64
Original post by saz111

I got 117, I rounded 116.6 up the the nearest whole like it said
Original post by saz111

117 I think.. 14 mm measured.. which is 14,000 um and divided it by 120 the magnification.. but my ruler is so odd
Original post by Richpeasant
I assume for the method it uses to remove water you put osmosis? I put exocytosis as the vacuole would fuse with the cell surface membrane. And that's how i came to the conclusion that the water moved in at -100kpa because inside the cell was more negative (I'm not sure if the vacuole is a membrane and if this is the case the water water potential of the vacuole what be different to other parts of the cell. Anyway, then when it got too -500 the water potential outside the cell was lower then inside so the water moved out by osmosis, instead of the vacuole thing removing it. That was my thinking, i could be completely wrong. I only thought of that because like you the question made no sense to me so i came up with some magical answer haha

EDIT: I'm aware that exocytosis isn't right, but i thought osmosis wouldn't of been either, hmm

urhg that q was so bloody hars :frown: if I had more time I could have actually got it... but I didn't . felt so rushed it was a joke..
really hope there gonna be low boundries or else im never getting an A
Original post by Anymorefor123
urhg that q was so bloody hars :frown: if I had more time I could have actually got it... but I didn't . felt so rushed it was a joke..
really hope there gonna be low boundries or else im never getting an A

Half of the paper i felt i was just trying to be creative with my answers. They are fully aware that most of the people doing this, if not all are people resitting and so probably intentionally made it difficult. I'm really hoping for a B in that, no way i would of got an A :/
Reply 68
that last question with the heart anyone know the answers was it the apex of the heart?
Reply 69
anyone know the stem cells answer?
Reply 70
The best bit was probably the mitosis part! I think that should be at least 10 marks confirmed!
Reply 71
Original post by GLL1998
The best bit was probably the mitosis part! I think that should be at least 10 marks confirmed!

same plzz help me do you know the last part?
Reply 72
I put a line through the top of the heart!
Original post by kevqw
same plzz help me do you know the last part?

I put a line through the bottom of the heart and said
Right ventricle
Septum
Purkyne tissue
F*** you ocr you absolute t**** go die!!!! Awful awful awful paper!!!! Why cant it be like wjec?????? Stop ruining everyones future lives and potential of getting into uni!!!!!!!!!

Im angry af!!! I knew my work for this so well and they just ask stupid irrelevnt question! Never knew moss, ameoba and a s*** diagram of the heart would ruin the rest of my life
Revised so much and didn't even know what translocation was:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
How did you guys do?
For me, the last question is so difficult.
Reply 77
Original post by kevqw
that last question with the heart anyone know the answers was it the apex of the heart?

Same!!!I wrote apex of the ventricle!!
Reply 78
Any chance of an Unofficial mark scheme dropping soon?
what did everyone get for the ones where you had to match the letters to the statement in the last question? and the mechanism for the water in moss leaves question?

Quick Reply

Latest