The Student Room Group

Civil Engineering- Qualifications....help!!!

Heyyy guys,
Ive taken Maths, Business, PE and Physics at AS, i think i will drop physics. Can anyone answer any of my questions, im stuck for direction.

1) What qualifications have you Civil Engineer students got, and for what universitys??

2)Is Physics at A-level essential, ive taken it miserably at AS, probably got a C.

3) Is it a fun subject to study?

Any information, which will give me a bit of direction would be much apreciated. Thanks
Reply 1
You will need Physics (or a science) to study Civil Engineering at most universities, Maths is a definite.

I enjoy it as I have an interest in Physics (Mechanics), Maths and Geography. The syllabus is broad and covers a lot.

You have to get used to a lot of stress. At one point I was juggling 5 pieces of coursework alongside a full timetable. Three of those courseworks were team courseworks too.
Reply 2
do the team courseworks count towards your final classification/grade? I hope not, because if some of your team members don't put in the work, your grades may suffer because of them.
Reply 3
5unny_F1
do the team courseworks count towards your final classification/grade? I hope not, because if some of your team members don't put in the work, your grades may suffer because of them.

Some pieces of coursework are team efforts although this is minimal until the final year. In the final year of my MEng the final project was a group assignment worth half the year.

Success in engineering as a profession depends on your ability to work within a team and as a result teaching you team and communication skills are vital. Sometimes it is a bit annoying when people don't do what they are supposed to but you learn how to deal with most situations.
Reply 4
thanks for clearing that up

Latest