The Student Room Group

Onyxia's Lair of discussion for World of Warcraft

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pochi_X
You didn't answer that question from over 1 week ago as you promised me you will, :mad:

Anyways,

At last, http://www.wowhead.com/item=46109 dropped for me after fishing over 1500 fishes!

Such a cute mount, the most amazing ground mount.

I got mine a fortnight ago, and I have to agree on it being cute. I don't get much use out of it seeing as I fly everywhere, but I tend use it when I sit around Ironforge doing **** all.
Reply 4381
Original post by ghostdrone
I got mine a fortnight ago, and I have to agree on it being cute. I don't get much use out of it seeing as I fly everywhere, but I tend use it when I sit around Ironforge doing **** all.

I got it on my dk, love using it inside dungeons as groups are forced to wait for the tank,

As they see me gracing slowly through the dungeon with such awesome mounts, many questions raised by the group, raging and admiring and such. :cool:

And who sits in Ironforge nowaday :s-smilie:, Stormwind is the main alliance this expansion.
Original post by Pochi_X
I got it on my dk, love using it inside dungeons as groups are forced to wait for the tank,

As they see me gracing slowly through the dungeon with such awesome mounts, many questions raised by the group, raging and admiring and such. :cool:

And who sits in Ironforge nowaday :s-smilie:, Stormwind is the main alliance this expansion.

I've never really liked Stormwind, I've always preferred Ironforge. The fact that less people go there makes it even nicer. :smile:
Reply 4383
Pahhaahhaa, as a mage who switched to fire and havent been it since like TBC. I approve of this :L
Hey guys, check this out:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/feature/talent-calculator#ZZ!..2202

then go to Warriors and look at their level 45 talents... Doesn't Cripple seem insanely OP? Autoattacks apply 50% slow for 6 secs, so the target is essentially perma-slowed unless they constantly stay out of melee range??
Reply 4386
Original post by Roobsa

I think i spot a reddit user? :holmes:
Reply 4388
Original post by Tommyjw
I think i spot a reddit user? :holmes:

Yes sir you do. I've only recently discovered how awesome reddit is.
Reply 4389
Hey guys, For all you WoW fans and players out there we are launching a new student room Scientific community guild on the Ravencrest realm!

People who want to join inbox me or reply to this thread.

Guild level: 1
Name : Enthalpy
Leader: Thallium/ Frostiac/ Cerium.
Members: 12

We are picky on our members and do not mass invite people as it defeats the object of having a good guild.

We are set out to do raids and just need a load of people to gear up for raiding. Rich guild leader with major know how of world of warcraft and has ran 3 guilds ranging from level 16 - 23.

So get your community spirit together and get on our realm!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4390
Speed levelling is soul destroying :erm: usually I take things slowly, but half my guild recently made worgens so we can have some down time from guild activities...I'm meant to be healing but I've fallen so far behind :laugh: doesn't help that my previous druid was a twink...so I've never played one past lvl 19
Reply 4391
Original post by skipp
Speed levelling is soul destroying :erm: usually I take things slowly, but half my guild recently made worgens so we can have some down time from guild activities...I'm meant to be healing but I've fallen so far behind :laugh: doesn't help that my previous druid was a twink...so I've never played one past lvl 19

Druids are ace! Though I've only healed once on mine I think. Feral is a lot of fun.
Reply 4392
Original post by Roobsa
Druids are ace! Though I've only healed once on mine I think. Feral is a lot of fun.

Aye, I love how versatile they are...plus they've got the whole shapeshifting thing going on...think they're one of the most fun classes :yep: dual-specing to feral when I can, love cat form...& bear form actually makes me want to learn to tank :o:
Reply 4393
I used to love wow and then I found out about the new talent tree simplify.. What's everyone else's opinion?
Reply 4394
Original post by Rezaness
I used to love wow and then I found out about the new talent tree simplify.. What's everyone else's opinion?

I actually quite like it...have to admit that initially I didn't, but I actually think it'll be one of those things which looks bad on paper...but works in practise :yep:

At the moment, whilst there's a lot of choice most players really aren't taking advantage of it, whilst a lot of people reflexively think that; if; given enough options they'll come out with something unique, you'll find time & time again that people are choosing exactly the same talents, and playing in exactly the same way...& if they're not they realise that it doesn't work & either change to whatever does work...or stay stubborn & wait for 'things to improve' :p:

The new talent tree system seems to provide every player with the basics...something that works for their class & spec...& then forces players to diversify.

Think the best example of this is for shamans: if you look at level 60 for the new shammys you get 3 healing choices. For people who dps shammy their first thought is probably about why there's no dps choices & for healing shammys...used to getting all the healing options it can initially feel like you'll miss out on 2 things.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/feature/talent-calculator#Wa!

For the latter group this is where the diversification comes in, it forces you to think about your play style & choose what's most appropriate for that, me and my partner both play resto shammys & already think we'll be playing them very differently for MoP :p: there's also the fact that you can toggle all of these things, so you can choose your talents based on the situation, which I personally really like...the more different things I can do with my character the better :cute:

For the dps group I reckon things work out even better :yep:

At the moment you learn general spells & abilities as you go along, and it's the talents that are spec specific....now as you level up you get spec specific spells and general spells...so far from missing out at lvl 60 enhancement shammys get their spirit wolves, elemental shammy's get earthquake...everyone gets a healing rain thrown in & just as a bonus you get a talent as well...which can only be a good thing...ancestral guidance works off damage dealt as well as healing, so you wouldn't even need to do anything different to reap the benefit :yep:

Whilst looking for the new talent tree stuff I just found this which echoes most of the thoughts I had :cute: :

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/4055148/Seeing_the_Forest_for_the_Talent_Trees-12_8_2011#bloghttp://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/4055148/Seeing_the_Forest_for_the_Talent_Trees-12_8_2011#blog

I may not have sold you on this...know change doesn't always work for everyone...and there has to be some flaws in it somewhere...but personally think it's won me over :o:
Its awful.

If your a shadow priest your restricted to the purely shadow spells as you cant cast the holy ones.

So all the shadow priests in PvP will have pretty much the same build therefore easy to counter as you know what spells they had taken.
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
Its awful.

If your a shadow priest your restricted to the purely shadow spells as you cant cast the holy ones.

So all the shadow priests in PvP will have pretty much the same build therefore easy to counter as you know what spells they had taken.

Which is pretty much what every single spec for every single class is atm anyway.

PVP? 90% of your points will be the same as everyone elses and you have a few to choose from after that that just come down to arena or not and preferences.

PVE? Raiding (seriously anyway) and you will have one spec, no changes about it, everyone will have the same spec because it will be proven as the best dps. There will be times when you need to change a spec (I.e. mage change to fire from arcane for fights with more movement) and times when you put a point or two in something else, but thats it.

My mages arcane spec is 33/5/3 . The exact same spec almost every other arcane mage would use. Could i go 27/5/9? God no, that would be terrible. Would i opt for more in frost and less in fire? No, because thats a DPS loss. Etc etc.

The changes MOP will implement is just simplifying what is already there,
Original post by Tommyjw
Which is pretty much what every single spec for every single class is atm anyway.

PVP? 90% of your points will be the same as everyone elses and you have a few to choose from after that that just come down to arena or not and preferences.

PVE? Raiding (seriously anyway) and you will have one spec, no changes about it, everyone will have the same spec because it will be proven as the best dps. There will be times when you need to change a spec (I.e. mage change to fire from arcane for fights with more movement) and times when you put a point or two in something else, but thats it.

My mages arcane spec is 33/5/3 . The exact same spec almost every other arcane mage would use. Could i go 27/5/9? God no, that would be terrible. Would i opt for more in frost and less in fire? No, because thats a DPS loss. Etc etc.

The changes MOP will implement is just simplifying what is already there,

Its not broken so dont fix it. Blizzard are masters at 'fixing' what is not broken.
Reply 4398
Just noticed, they've now got a 4th spec for druids, cat's still feral, but bear'll be guardian :teeth:
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
Its not broken so dont fix it. Blizzard are masters at 'fixing' what is not broken.

They aren't fixing anything...... ? It's called improving.

Quick Reply

Latest