The Student Room Group

Onyxia's Lair of discussion for World of Warcraft

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Subscription has just run out, don't think I'm going to renew it, finally might be beating the addiction!
Reply 41
Woo! Go for it! :smile:
Reply 42
Bit off topic, but i have a question about the subscription. My game card runs out tomorrow, but i can't afford to buy a new one right now. When my bro's gamecard runs out his account usually just freezes until he adds a new game card. But my problem is, when i registered, for some strange reason they made me add my debit card details before i was allowed to add my game card. :s-smilie: so now, when my game card runs out, it'll try to take £8.99 from my bank account [which i don't have either :redface:] So what will happen then? will it just freeze my account? Sorry for the rant..
riux
problem is that EVERYONE is ne or human, and dwarves are fugly, so go gnome or go home!! :wink::wink:

LIST OF COOLEST WOW RACES FROM BEST TO WORST:

1) Gnome
2) Tauren
3) Undead
4) Bloodelf
5) Orc (their /dance is the 1337age...)
6) Night Elf
7) Draenei
8) Human
9) Dwarf
10) Troll (urgh, lanky streaks of piss)

p.s. lvl 58 and i now have BLACK WAR TIGER!! /flex. now i just need to get to 60 and learn how to ride the damn thing :frown::frown:

Dwarves second to last? Below Nelfs? This is sacrilege.
Reply 44
Jozeesh
Bit off topic, but i have a question about the subscription. My game card runs out tomorrow, but i can't afford to buy a new one right now. When my bro's gamecard runs out his account usually just freezes until he adds a new game card. But my problem is, when i registered, for some strange reason they made me add my debit card details before i was allowed to add my game card. :s-smilie: so now, when my game card runs out, it'll try to take £8.99 from my bank account [which i don't have either :redface:] So what will happen then? will it just freeze my account? Sorry for the rant..

I'm guessing it would freeze your account, yep. If it can't get any money there's not much it can do. :smile:
Reply 45
Ah thanks :smile: i was worried incase they took money out of my account that i didn't have anyways :s-smilie: well, at least i can stop playing it for while until i find a job to pay for it again ey :wink:
Reply 46
NSiky
Dwarves second to last? Below Nelfs? This is sacrilege.

That's blasphemy even! It's definitely a photo finish between Dwarves and Gnomes. Nelfs at the bottom...
Reply 47
w00t i got to 58 last night, i <3 Zangarmarsh :biggrin: hehe any tips on where to start? someone told me to start off wth instances but i doubt id get into a group being only lvl 58...
Reply 48
eh..58?

Hellfire, then Zangar takes you to 63/64 easily
Reply 49
Jozeesh
Ah thanks :smile: i was worried incase they took money out of my account that i didn't have anyways :s-smilie:

That will only happen if you have an overdraft.
Reply 50
Baron
That will only happen if you have an overdraft.

I don't think they can auto bill you from your account if you don't actually click "Subscribe" on the account management page. So I doubt they can bill you unless you tell them to. But once you do start billing from credit card, it's auto, so it will bill you immediatly once your time expires.

But because you were using a game card, I don't think they can. After all, they don't know what time period you would subscribe for (1 month, 3 or 6).
Reply 51
capitalP
eh..58?

Hellfire, then Zangar takes you to 63/64 easily

Indeed, don't see how you can have killed much with ease in Zangar. Most of the stuff there is level 62, and you probably can't accept the quests.
http://www.netscape.com/viewstory/2007/06/23/the-burning-crusade-how-not-to-make-a-game-expansion-the-jem-report/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thejemreport.com%2Fmambo%2Fcontent%2Fview%2F316%2F&frame=true

a very good article with sensible suggestions to recover what harm tbc did to wow...

...now don't get me wrong, tbc is brilliant, but it doesn't feel like wow anymore, and if you take a look at some of the points in the link, it's easy to see why...

just my opinion btw, just wanted to share why i think tbc ruined wow ^^
Reply 53
I always think about buying expansions before buying them. Example : the bf2142 expansion. It could have all just been included in a patch as a sort of "Thank you" to people who play it, there isn't enough content to warrant spending anything, but they want people to pay for a few new maps and the possibility of getting medals.

Of course with 2142 though, they don't get paid monthly like an mmorpg. I never did like WoW though.
Reply 54
The 2142 expansion was more of a "booster" pack and only cost £6, I thought it was worth it. Annoying, they SHOULD have added it in a patch but I still thought it was worth it for the maps and the upgrades. I'd stopped playing it for a while and that got me back into it and I've been playing it since.
Reply 55
I thought the BF2142 booster pack was well worth the £5.99. Really like the new maps and vehicles, plus the extra medals give you unlock points so you can unlock new kit quicker.

I got it from EA Link so could download and play it instantly. woot.
Reply 56
So the BF2142 booster packs are the exact opposite of the BF2 booster packs.
Reply 57
I've stopped playing Bf2 and 2142 since the booster packs came out. To have the best equipment you have to buy more. Those guys with the Special forces silent sniper rifle in bf2 used to piss me off.
Reply 58
The BF2142 booster pack doesn't add any new weapons and the new kit is available for people who haven't even got the booster pack, through temporary field upgrades.

The new vehicles are only available on the new maps, so there hasn't been much/any negative impact to the players who didn't buy the booster pack.
Boo hoo. If ore has rocketed it's hardly a sob story for blacksmiths, because they should mine, I do. Mining for bronze I always get more copper than tin on like a 3/4-1 ratio which means a LOT of excess copper which on Kul Tiras sells for 3g sometimes, at least 1.5 and mining your own components isn't exactly difficult anyway. So who cares about the jewelcrafting part.

As for the ganking in neutral areas, don't use a PvP server then, or if you do, isn't it the whole point to be ganked? Booty bay, crossroads - no difference which one you're at, it's annoying both ways but you have agreed to do that to yourself!

In general these things don't really matter. I've never played without TBC mind you, so I don't know what it was like, but it seems perfectly playable to me and I'm ony a level 23 with no higher character or even a guild to help me... I have 34 gold, after buying 3 rares. So if AH prices rocket just be savvy and you can turn it into an advantage.

Quick Reply

Latest