The Student Room Group

MSc Data Science experience at Kings College London

Hi all,
I am studying MSc Data Science at Kings College London this September 2016, and wanted some first hand information about the course experience and industry links through placements. I know the onus is upon me to get the placement, but since the project work is going to be more practical in nature, it'll be wise to do a placement for both experience and also to complete the project successfully.
Kindly help me answer these questions, especially if you are a past/current student, or know such or are well informed.
Thank you.
James
Reply 1
Original post by solojay
Hi all,
I am studying MSc Data Science at Kings College London this September 2016, and wanted some first hand information about the course experience and industry links through placements. I know the onus is upon me to get the placement, but since the project work is going to be more practical in nature, it'll be wise to do a placement for both experience and also to complete the project successfully.
Kindly help me answer these questions, especially if you are a past/current student, or know such or are well informed.
Thank you.
James

Hey! I got an offer for Msc data science from kings and I'd like your feedback! :smile: I've been struggling to find people who studied the same course and came across your post, so thought I'd ask you! :smile:

Could you please tell me your review on the quality of Kings's education for Msc data science? Were the classes well taught? Did the degree give you valuable insight and educate you with everything you need to know to work successfully in the field of data science? I wasn't satisfied with my undergraduate studies which is why I'm being extra careful while picking a university to do my masters.

I'm basically looking for a university which thoroughly prepares their students (through good course content, structure and useful lab/practical training) to work successfully in the field after the completiion of their studies. Do you think Kings prepares their students like this?

Really appreciate all the help! Thanks a lot

Quick Reply

Latest