The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i_love_maths
Hiya,

Just a Q about Reading.

Are there any showers in the camping areas, because i can't live without showers for 5 days. I know theres a swimming pool to dip in nearby, but id prefer a real shower, like they have at V festival.

No theres no real shower. Last year the leisure centre let people pay about a tenner to use the swimming pool/shower or have breakfast but they stopped it after friday I think?
if there is i never saw it

like you say there is a leisure centre down the road, and you can use the showers in there

sometimes they make you buy a meal ticket which can be good, cos they do a lovely full english:cool:
Don't be such a pansy.
Dr. Blazed
Don't be such a pansy.

and yeah i agree

that is the idea of a festival, the whole experience of it

nobody will shower there at all, you will just look stupid
Reply 5
I live in Reading, so you can pay me a tenner and use my shower :biggrin: ! I'll even let you use the nice shower gel :tongue: ...
Reply 6
serious narb
and yeah i agree

that is the idea of a festival, the whole experience of it

nobody will shower there at all, you will just look stupid

hehe yeh dont worry about it - i didnt shower at glasto for 6 days lol! but everyone else looked just as rough.
i went to reading last year too and seriously, everyone just looks dirrty!
charlord
hehe yeh dont worry about it - i didnt shower at glasto for 6 days lol! but everyone else looked just as rough.
i went to reading last year too and seriously, everyone just looks dirrty!

LMAO - reminds me of last year actually... there I was really happy, thinking I had a tan, because I had a tan line around the wristband... it turned out my tan came off in the shower, it was just inground dirt. lol

And, apparently, there *are* showers... at least there's a little shower sign on the wristmap of the site that I got last year. Although I think that was just to mess with people's heads, because I for one never saw it!

But yeah, c'mon, that's the whole festival experience, as has already been said. You're supposed to get dirty. Your 'tan' is supposed to come off in the shower lol hehe.
Reply 8
red665
LMAO - reminds me of last year actually... there I was really happy, thinking I had a tan, because I had a tan line around the wristband... it turned out my tan came off in the shower, it was just inground dirt. lol

And, apparently, there *are* showers... at least there's a little shower sign on the wristmap of the site that I got last year. Although I think that was just to mess with people's heads, because I for one never saw it!

But yeah, c'mon, that's the whole festival experience, as has already been said. You're supposed to get dirty. Your 'tan' is supposed to come off in the shower lol hehe.

lol its funny you say that - wen I was at reading last year I thought I'd tanned really well and then me and my friend wiped some water on our legs and realised it was just dust lol!! i swear i got dirtier in one day at reading than I did spending 4 days at glastonbury this year in the mud!!
Reply 9
i have never been at a festival that had it, usually nobody cares about it.
Wet wipes, talc and a good scrub at the tap (if you're really fussy :wink:)

(talc = dry shampoo, brush it through and watch the grease disappear :cool: )
Reply 11
There is a shower, but I personally have never found it.
charlord
lol its funny you say that - wen I was at reading last year I thought I'd tanned really well and then me and my friend wiped some water on our legs and realised it was just dust lol!! i swear i got dirtier in one day at reading than I did spending 4 days at glastonbury this year in the mud!!

I think it's cause last year was just *so* hot that all the grass had died and all the earth was really dry - I know that when everyone was jumping around to the darkness there were clouds of hot dust in the air, was really weird to breath! lol

I just PRAY that it's that hot again this year, it was SO cool!! but looking at the shitty random 'Day after tomorrow' style weather London had today (at one point there were horizontal sheets of hailstones pelting down for 15 minutes, then it was sunny again...) it looks like this year will be nothing at ALL like the past one!!
i_love_maths
Hiya,

Just a Q about Reading.

Are there any showers in the camping areas, because i can't live without showers for 5 days. I know theres a swimming pool to dip in nearby, but id prefer a real shower, like they have at V festival.

Yeah you can use the swimming pool one, but hey it's the festival experience!!! ~don't shower!!! It's more fun...a little itchy..but more fun....carry baby wipes....:biggrin:
Reply 14
red665
I think it's cause last year was just *so* hot that all the grass had died and all the earth was really dry - I know that when everyone was jumping around to the darkness there were clouds of hot dust in the air, was really weird to breath! lol

I just PRAY that it's that hot again this year, it was SO cool!! but looking at the shitty random 'Day after tomorrow' style weather London had today (at one point there were horizontal sheets of hailstones pelting down for 15 minutes, then it was sunny again...) it looks like this year will be nothing at ALL like the past one!!

yeh..im hoping its going to be hot like that too!!! i dont wanna be in mosh pits caked in mud :biggrin:
Reply 15
hehe, yeah i remember last year when less than jae were playing and making everyone run around the sound tower I came out looking like the dustman* himself!

*dustman in terms of person covered in/breathing/eating dust rather than refuse-collector-man...
stu673
hehe, yeah i remember last year when less than jae were playing and making everyone run around the sound tower I came out looking like the dustman* himself!

*dustman in terms of person covered in/breathing/eating dust rather than refuse-collector-man...

LOL!!! I was sitting behind the main lights/tv tower when LTJ played - I just moved out the way before a massive line of people suddenly trampled over where I was sitting lol

And just so you know, dustmen are now technically called "Waste management engineers" -another political correctness jobbie. They'll always be dustment to me! lol
Reply 17
Pencil Queen
Wet wipes, talc and a good scrub at the tap (if you're really fussy :wink:)

(talc = dry shampoo, brush it through and watch the grease disappear :cool: )

Does the dalc really work? I think I might take some to V cos my hair gets very greasy quite quickly and I'm sure it'll be pretty rank by the Sunday!
Chicken
Does the talc really work? I think I might take some to V cos my hair gets very greasy quite quickly and I'm sure it'll be pretty rank by the Sunday!

Yup it certainly does...just brush it through to get rid of the whiteness
Reply 19
If you're going to have a shower underneath one of the drinking water taps, please don't do it at like 10 when there's loads of other people wanting some water just to fill up a bottle. There's always someone who feels the need to sit under the tap for 10 minutes watching a queue of 50 building up behind them. Don't be that person.

Latest