The Student Room Group

3 or 4 a levels?

I am currently an AS student doing french, biology, maths, further maths and geography. (plus spanish but its my native language) I don't know whether i should drop one or two subjects next year. I definitely want to do maths and biology but i cant pick between further maths or french or both? considering i dont know what i want to study..should i do 3 or 4 a2s?
Original post by indecisiveness
I am currently an AS student doing french, biology, maths, further maths and geography. (plus spanish but its my native language) I don't know whether i should drop one or two subjects next year. I definitely want to do maths and biology but i cant pick between further maths or french or both? considering i dont know what i want to study..should i do 3 or 4 a2s?

I did maths further maths biology and chemistry last year and have dropped further maths this year. From my experience, further maths isn't accepted as a separate a level for some courses and is probably only useful if you want to go into physics or maths. I still sit in on some of their lessons and most of them (who are A* students) are finding it awful. I personally see no great gain in doing 4 instead of 3 unless you want to apply to Oxbridge. Hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Laurenk18
I did maths further maths biology and chemistry last year and have dropped further maths this year. From my experience, further maths isn't accepted as a separate a level for some courses and is probably only useful if you want to go into physics or maths. I still sit in on some of their lessons and most of them (who are A* students) are finding it awful. I personally see no great gain in doing 4 instead of 3 unless you want to apply to Oxbridge. Hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Completely agree! Like there is no point doing 4 & should just do 3 and attain the best grades in them:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest