The Student Room Group

How much does an access course cost

I will be doing a full time access course and i will not be taking a student loan. Does anyone know how much A FULL YEAR IN AN ACCESS COURSE COSTS. with out a LOAN. thanks guys
Original post by okido
I will be doing a full time access course and i will not be taking a student loan. Does anyone know how much A FULL YEAR IN AN ACCESS COURSE COSTS. with out a LOAN. thanks guys

I believe it is around £3000
Original post by okido

Mine was £3300, I believe they can go up to £3900 depending on the subject.

If you don't mind me asking why aren't you taking out a loan? It gets written off when you graduate anyway.
Reply 3
Original post by JamesN88
Mine was £3300, I believe they can go up to £3900 depending on the subject.

If you don't mind me asking why aren't you taking out a loan? It gets written off when you graduate anyway.

Interest is the worlds problem today and according to my faith anything that has a hint of interest is forbidden (for our own good from what ive seen). Unless its a necessity. i.e car insurance
Reply 4
I did mine online and it cost me about £1000.
Mine was 3300. I got it on student finance and that then gets wiped off if i go to uni within 5 years of taking the course. Basically means i get the course for free as long as i go to uni. This was with the 24+ learning loan. I could have taken the same course online for 1000 and done home study, however wanted to interact with other students
Original post by gothicdreamer20
... I get the course for free as long as i go to uni...

Only if you graduate from uni. If you drop out at any point, the loan will have to be repaid under the same conditions as a regular student loan.
Reply 7
Mine was £3400 for York College, and I got a 24+ loan.

In the grand scheme of things £3k is a drop in the ocean of your upcoming student loans!
Original post by okido
Interest is the worlds problem today and according to my faith anything that has a hint of interest is forbidden (for our own good from what ive seen). Unless its a necessity. i.e car insurance

If only everyone paused to think like you, UK would not be in the financial mess that she is in right now. I hope you do well for the Access course. See you in uni!
Reply 9
Hi, is access course accurate when you do it online?
Original post by okido

Hi there @okido,

I found the Student Loan receipt for mine and it was £3,022.:biggrin:

Fi :horse:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 11
You can study via distance learning and do it for around £1400 and pay via interest free instalments too. I'm currently doing one with Stonebridge.
Original post by okido

How is a car insurance loan halal?
You have the option to pay it all at once thereby not occuring any interest or entering into a loan contract.

By being charged interest for a car insurance loan you are not following the rules of your faith.
Also the interest rate they charge for car insurance loans is far higher compared to student finance for an access course. With APR for car insurance like 15%-35%. What's it for students loans like 5%? I'm sure someone knows the exact figure.

Also my understanding of religion is very basic but I'm pretty sure the rules says you can only be given money or be lent money that has no interest required when you pay it back.
If you complete the access course and go on to complete your degree you will not have to pay it back.
If you earn less than £25000 (ish) you will never have to pay it back.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 13
How is the online teaching? Do you have video lessons? Is there help when you need it?
Reply 14
Original post by Effzed
You can study via distance learning and do it for around £1400 and pay via interest free instalments too. I'm currently doing one with Stonebridge.

Hi, how is it online? I’m nervous about doing it incase it’s not as personal or I can’t get help if I need it.
Is Stonebridge a good place to do it. Are there any other reputible distance learning sites
Original post by Lxlyj
Hi, how is it online? I’m nervous about doing it incase it’s not as personal or I can’t get help if I need it.

8 months later hahahah. How was it and where did you do it online

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending