The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Firstly I can't tell if you're a troll or not.

If you're serious then no you can't get your brother struck off. In the long run it would be your word against his, do you have any proof he gave you drugs? It would be an incredibly difficult thing to prove.

And the fact you've had mental health issues would unfortunately make it even more difficult.

I hate to say it but it sounds as though you have a bit of a chip on your shoulder where your brother is concerned. Whether he graduated 'low' or not, he became a dentist, that's quite an achievement.

If he's such an awful guy just cut him out of your life and move on - don't visit internet forums asking whether you can 'ruin your brother's life' that's just unhealthy and a bit sick to be honest.
I agree you should as a vulnerable adult. I am as well end been given drink, drugs etc everywhere. However I know how this society works and you may be the one who suffers and it back fires on. I’ve had this experience myself numerous times. Get away from him and rebuild your life.
Original post by Anonymous
I agree you should as a vulnerable adult. I am as well end been given drink, drugs etc everywhere. However I know how this society works and you may be the one who suffers and it back fires on. I’ve had this experience myself numerous times. Get away from him and rebuild your life.

this thread is from 5 years ago. OP has probably figured out what to do already.
considering that he's been doing illegal stuff you could just report it generally and if they decide to strike him off then so be it

oop this was from 5 years ago but oh well
considering that he's been doing illegal stuff you could just report it generally and if they decide to strike him off then so be it

oop this was from 5 years ago but oh well

It's their brother man, cmon, where's your sense of family??
you can't cover up someone's illegal activity just because they're your family? Are you the kind of person who would help their family member bury the body instead of reporting it to the police?? Also, their brother has obviously put a lot of stress onto the op which family shouldn't do

Original post by V℮rsions
It's their brother man, cmon, where's your sense of family??
you can't cover up someone's illegal activity just because they're your family? Are you the kind of person who would help their family member bury the body instead of reporting it to the police?? Also, their brother has obviously put a lot of stress onto the op which family shouldn't do

Assisting in covering up a murder is not the same as reporting a functional member of society to the police for shooting up Heroin once a decade ago out of spite that you don't want them to have a good job because they're mean to you.

Have some sense! :o:
Original post by V℮rsions
Assisting in covering up a murder is not the same as reporting a functional member of society to the police for shooting up Heroin once a decade ago out of spite that you don't want them to have a good job because they're mean to you.

Have some sense! :o:

Yes, I admit that my analogy was quite unrelated actually and take that back.

But on another note, honestly, I think the op should keep the drug use and their brother's job separate but if their brother is still engaging in drug use and they feel vulnerable because of it, it probably would be best that they report it and if getting struck off is a side effect of that there's not much that can be done. But the brother shouldn't be putting them in situations they don't feel comfortable in and making them take drugs when drunk (when one doesn't have full control over their mind) this isn't what a family member should do

Latest

Trending

Trending