The Student Room Group

Research studies into attraction?

I have Walster, who investigated the matching hypothesis with a computer dance that i could talk about for a bit. but i dont have any more in detail than just a researcher, and one line of findings and conclusions. A practice exam question in my textbook says 'Describe 2 research studies relating to attraction' (15 marks), then evaluate one of them (15 marks). What other studies could i include in this? thanks

btw, sorry about all of these different questions ive been asking. exam is tommorow, and im bricking it lol. Want to make sure i know as much as possible.
Reply 1
danny_g
I have Walster, who investigated the matching hypothesis with a computer dance that i could talk about for a bit. but i dont have any more in detail than just a researcher, and one line of findings and conclusions. A practice exam question in my textbook says 'Describe 2 research studies relating to attraction' (15 marks), then evaluate one of them (15 marks). What other studies could i include in this? thanks

btw, sorry about all of these different questions ive been asking. exam is tommorow, and im bricking it lol. Want to make sure i know as much as possible.

Same problem for me, the dance study is the only big study in that area i think. Im just trying to learn loads of little studies with it as well, but hopefully if this question comes up it wont specifically say research studies in which case i can talk about the filter model and the matching hypothesis.
Reply 2
yep, like i say, i have loads of little studies. but if the question asks specifically for 2, like in this practice question, then ive just dropped 2 grades lol.
Reply 3
You certainly wont get a question asking specifically for 2 research studies in the exam. The question would be along the lines of describe and evaulate research studies into interpersonal attraction. So you can talk about as many little studies as you can remember.
Reply 4
phew, i should be alright then. thanks :smile:
Reply 5
Isn't it when they ask you about research studies (which will always be paired with explanations anyway according to the spec) you have to write about Familiarity or Similarity or those types of things?
Reply 6
So what you're saying is a research study could be classed as everything I know about, for example, proximity as a factor to interpersonal attraction?
Reply 7
Hev456
Isn't it when they ask you about research studies (which will always be paired with explanations anyway according to the spec) you have to write about Familiarity or Similarity or those types of things?

Yup. Similarity and proximity are what all my research studies focus on. Though i only know about 4! atm....

And in the spec it says research studies AND theories. Wouldnt it say research studies/theories if they were going to be paired?

If if i know that research studies wont come up on its own then ive already got enough to get a good A01 mark in describing the filter model and matching hypothesis.
Reply 8
i think research can be theories and or studies, therefore you can refer to all the A01 on interpersonal attraction. So you can talk about the halo effect, matching hypothesis etc.

research studies is the bit on familiarity, similarity, promximity etc.
can any1 name a few other studies into the matching hypothesis??

apart from walster

really need to no for my cw
sprecher,
regan,
buss etal
Reply 11
hmm theres that one by cunningham, thats like...
males preferred females with child like facial features, i.e. big eyes, small nose, small chin because it suggests youth and therefore fertility..
and for men it was thin lips, square jaws and small eyes i think

Latest

Trending

Trending