The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Bsc Hons health and wellbeing LEaP course wolverhampton uni

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hens_xo
Hiya, im due to start this course in January &i was wondering what was the timetable like please?xx

Full time course its 2 days a week as far as i know. Part time is 1 day a week x

Im on part time so for semester 1 (until jan) so were there on mondays and semester 2 which starts jan we there on wednesdays x
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
I'm coming from Ireland to do this course starting January , I'm so nervous.
Has anyone received any information ? It's stressing me out that I'm moving country and I've still go no information.
What age are most people doing this course ?
Have any of you sorted accommodation yet ?
Is it January-August we'll be in uni ?
I'm hoping to do paramedic science after this course or midwifery.

Can't wait to hear back from ye
Hope it'll settle my anxiety a bit

Lydia

Original post by Keeleymeaney
Full time course its 2 days a week as far as i know. Part time is 1 day a week x

Im on part time so for semester 1 (until jan) so were there on mondays and semester 2 which starts jan we there on wednesdays x
Original post by Lydia.oconnor
Has anyone received any information ? It's stressing me out that I'm moving country and I've still go no information.

Lydia

Everyone is mixed ages im saying probably 18 to 50 year olds

As for accomidation im not sure as i drive there i live in the area

There uni have flats right next to the building though but i would phone or email them about accomodation unless your going to rent a flat privately

The course is only 1 or 2 days depending on the group your in but im not sure if its 2 days in the second semester or the first semester or both

It prepares you for interviews, how to write your essays and what not to do, personal statement, realisties of courses

The group is mixed of what people want to become so they talk about things as an overall subject and talk each about midwifery, nursing and so on but the assignments are based on what u want to become
If u want to find out more about something they dont mention ask questions in lectures as to me its primarly nursing based what they talk about as the lecturer is a nurse

Hope this helps hopefully it makes sense
Reply 43
Hiya Lydia.

Im starting this course in January too and just like you im a little nervous. I haven't recieved any information either but i got told that I would soon so im just waiting. Im sure it wont be long now x

Lydia

Lydia

Hey I am also starting in january, also same here nervous too 😂😂 your not alone. And havent heard anything yet, they said they will post out a letter for induction but you could email them so your not worrying 😊

Keeleymeaney has helped me a lot to clam my nervousness and answered most of my questions, sure she will answer any questions xx
I'm starting in January too , coming from
Ireland and have to details or information yet. It's making me nervous haha. What are you doing about accommodation ?
Which route yur taking the full time?
Im still waiting for information yet :/
I scared and haven't even started yet lol
I wont be needing accommodation, have yu sorted yours out?
hi January starters :smile:
ive posted a msg b4..(lucymcdeens), i know you all nervous but dnt be enjoy your free time now while you can cos once you start this course you will be busy but its a good course i enjoyed it..im doing nursing training now adult...wolves admissions takes ages with enrollment to be honest so just relax .. i started my leap jan 2015 i think they only opened enrollment just b4 xmas , what il advise u to do for now apply SFE so by the time u start you all set with the funding if you dnt know how to do this Gateway wolves uni(u can call uni for direct number)are helpful when it comes to things like this...keep checking evision or ur emails...for accomodation check wolves website i think its called accomodation services ......but as for the LEAP u will defo enjoy it....do not be nervous i knw easy said .....GOOD LUCK everyone
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey thank you for commenting on here. Im so glad to hear about you getting on to nursing. Can i ask when did yu apply and how long did it take for uu to receive an offer?
original (lucymcdeens) i cnt login properly technical fault ....

answer to ur question Haleema>>>> during ur course (leap) u are always guided how and when to apply for progression there sessions where are only for progression when lecturer advise or guide student how to apply what to do during appliction process...but saying that i knw lots of student in our group who applied anyway for nursing in their first month of leap course just to secure for nursing places ..its up to individual to be honest you know urself what you want, but just make sure you attend open days so u can ask question to current student and lecturers but personally i would advise students to wait for progressions session they r eye openers ,you get more help and guidance and by then u know exactly which course or path u want to take ...with me i started leap january 2015 finished jan 2016 i applied for nursing october 2015 interview was nov 2015 i was offered a place for sep 2016 ...........hope this helps
Thanks lucy

By the way im not sure if some of yu have logged back into yur evison accounts because they get yu to enrol online and yu get to know more information and add details, also they tell yu about your induction day hope that helps yu guys
Reply 51
How do you get an evision account?
Original post by Hens_xo
How do you get an evision account?

Its the same account yu was given when you registered, do you rememebrr?
Than you just go on google and type, Wolverhampton evision login, it should be the 2nd link
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 53
I don't think I registered anywhere
Did yu apply through UCAS??
Reply 55
Yeah I did. I have my ucas details but I don't have my student number x
Original post by Hens_xo
Yeah I did. I have my ucas details but I don't have my student number x

I think you should phone or email them upand explain to them about this ..i always thought u would have a id number and im not sure how the ucas things works as i appiled directly which gave me an account
Hi everyone, hope you all had a good Xmas. I got my offer for September 17 even though I applied for january. I really hoped that my date would change to Jan but it hasn't yet. What date do all you January starters start? Just thought I would log on and wish you all the very best of luck. Keep us posted with your progress xx
Aww congratulations!! Really happy for you & sometimes they may have spaces so they ask if they want to start earlier, just look out for that.
Starting on the 17th Jan part time x
Original post by Haleema1234
Aww congratulations!! Really happy for you & sometimes they may have spaces so they ask if they want to start earlier, just look out for that.
Starting on the 17th Jan part time x
Hi hun,Thank you so much. I'm so excited lol. When did you apply for your student finance? I will keep checking my emails. Xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending