The Student Room Group

Building Surveying 2016 entry!

Hi,

I'm hoping to study building surveying in September and am currently in the process of trying to work out which universities to apply too.

I have already looked at the rankings and although I understand the University of Reading is one of top institutions for the subject, I currently live in London and would ideally like to move further away.

Nottingham Trent looks appealing to me and is accredited by the RICS so I just wanted to try and find out whether league tables matter all that much for an accredited degree?

Really appreciate if anyone could help!

Cheers
HiI'm starting a Building Surveying degree at UCLAN in Sept.The course is RICS accredited so I'm hoping won't be too difficult to find a job at the end of it.Are you fresh out of 6th form?

Original post by aqntn
Hi,

I'm hoping to study building surveying in September and am currently in the process of trying to work out which universities to apply too.

I have already looked at the rankings and although I understand the University of Reading is one of top institutions for the subject, I currently live in London and would ideally like to move further away.

Nottingham Trent looks appealing to me and is accredited by the RICS so I just wanted to try and find out whether league tables matter all that much for an accredited degree?

Really appreciate if anyone could help!

Cheers
Reply 2
Original post by din go dave
HiI'm starting a Building Surveying degree at UCLAN in Sept.The course is RICS accredited so I'm hoping won't be too difficult to find a job at the end of it.Are you fresh out of 6th form?

Hi,

No, I'm just finishing an access course at the moment and will be 26 when I start in September! How about you? have you got any previous experience in a similar line of work?
I'm 32 and have been in the construction industry for over ten years.
Make sure the course you go for is RICS accredited otherwise its not worth the paper its written on.
Also if your brand new to the construction industry, get as much work experience as you can.
The market is flooded with graduate BS all fighting for the same grad jobs.

Original post by aqntn
Hi,

No, I'm just finishing an access course at the moment and will be 26 when I start in September! How about you? have you got any previous experience in a similar line of work?

Original post by aqntn
Hi,

Reply 4
Original post by din go dave
I'm 32 and have been in the construction industry for over ten years.
Make sure the course you go for is RICS accredited otherwise its not worth the paper its written on.
Also if your brand new to the construction industry, get as much work experience as you can.
The market is flooded with graduate BS all fighting for the same grad jobs.

Yeah I know thats important! Went to Reading today to do a self guided tour and was really really impressed with he campus so now just got to check out Nottingham Trent! I hope to do a years placement whilst on the course to get some experience but yeah, I know the job hunting won't be easy. If you don't mind me asking, where have you read/heard about it being so difficult for BS graduates to find work?
Original post by aqntn
Yeah I know thats important! Went to Reading today to do a self guided tour and was really really impressed with he campus so now just got to check out Nottingham Trent! I hope to do a years placement whilst on the course to get some experience but yeah, I know the job hunting won't be easy. If you don't mind me asking, where have you read/heard about it being so difficult for BS graduates to find work?

Hi aqntn, it’s a good idea to visit university open days, that way you can find out about a university’s position on accreditation and be able to chat to people face to face about the details of the course. You also get to see the campus and the town or city itself. There’s only so much research you can do online isn’t there? Our course is just going through the accreditation process now, so we’d expect to get lots of questions at open day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending