The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

it was on the penultimate pages.

there was also a question on: find the cube of 0.03 or something. i just wrote the calculator standard form display...how about you?
ohh yeah it was like find the cube of 8.7 something like that. first page yeah?
yep i just wrote what the calculator said.

and the one about finding y length, i used pythagoras to find the length for the first triangle, then the next triangle to find the angle i used trig..
if you did that exam was it the simultaneous equations on the last page for you?

for me it was ok but the trial and error question was annoyingly long.
hmm no. i think we may have done different boards :wink: mine was AQA.
ah right you must have done the different spec because i did modular.
ahh right, that must be it then :smile: did you do c/w?
Reply 26
Garfield
what tier were you guys doing?

i panicked quite a bit (i did intermediate) on the question before the triangle enlargement question did you guys use trigonometry and
the cos^-1 method?

Intermediate. :smile:
Reply 27
Garfield
it was on the penultimate pages.

there was also a question on: find the cube of 0.03 or something. i just wrote the calculator standard form display...how about you?

Was that the 0.03 cubed? Or something like that? I just remember getting a few numbers followed by a strange minus thing. :p:
yeah erm i think you would have been ok if you wrote down the calculator display. can anyone clarify.

ah well, also, i was stuck bad on drawing the rhombus by looking at the not drawn to scale diagram.

and yeah i did coursework and modular exams.
Reply 29
Lol I didn't do the rotation one properly :frown:
Reply 30
How did everyone find the question (on higher) about the area of the shape that was like a rectangle with a square to the bottom right-hand side? You then had to use your formula to solve the equation?
Reply 31
Also, the very last question. I used tan^-1. Did anyone use that?
Reply 32
mikeski
How did everyone find the question (on higher) about the area of the shape that was like a rectangle with a square to the bottom right-hand side? You then had to use your formula to solve the equation?

I struggled with that question to start with, then I went back and I tried to do it, I'm not sure if I did it right or not. I just divided it up into a rectabngle and square, then multiplied together. It came to 6x^2 + 6x -108.
That can then be divided by 6 which gives the x^6 + x -18 which they gave in the question
Reply 33
mikeski
Also, the very last question. I used tan^-1. Did anyone use that?

Yes I did! I used tan firstly to find the side, TG i think it was:s-smilie: Then I used tan^-1 to ffind the angle.
Reply 34
Katiepala
I struggled with that question to start with, then I went back and I tried to do it, I'm not sure if I did it right or not. I just divided it up into a rectabngle and square, then multiplied together. It came to 6x^2 + 6x -108.
That can then be divided by 6 which gives the x^6 + x -18 which they gave in the question

Damn it! That's right!!! I didn't divide it by 6 :mad:

ah well :rolleyes:
Reply 35
Katiepala
Yes I did! I used tan firstly to find the side, TG i think it was:s-smilie: Then I used tan^-1 to ffind the angle.

Thank you!!

I argued for ages to the "smartest girl in my year" about that question! :biggrin:
Anyone do AQA intermediate?
Reply 37
mikeski
Thank you!!

I argued for ages to the "smartest girl in my year" about that question! :biggrin:

Haha! I'm pretty sure it's right.
Can you remember what you got for the 6 mark question? the one where you had to solve the equation to find y.
Reply 38
Katiepala
Haha! I'm pretty sure it's right.
Can you remember what you got for the 6 mark question? the one where you had to solve the equation to find y.

Ummm I can't remember the question... Can you remember what it was about? It wasn't the simultaneous one was it?
Reply 39
No it wasn't the simultaneous one. It was two questions from the end, before the graphs.

Latest