The Student Room Group

Islam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ESPORTIVA LUTA
Did muhammed even exist?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It does not matter if he existed or not because that is not the meaning of the thread. Its the "social" aspect not the "religion" or "history".

Sociologically, why do you like or dislike Islam. Its not whether its historically accurate.

But since you asked...
One would tend to suggest that Mohammed is of a similar time as King Arthur. Both might have existed and both have become (over the centuries) much more "wonderful" then they probably were in real life.

Arthur was probably a Scottish warrior (from around Edinburgh) and Mohammed was probably an Arabic warrior (from Saudi).

In the legends both are meant to be the most wonderful people who ever lived.

In reality they were probably both members of the patriarchy.

both have been bought down by a flaw - with Arthurs case it was that his wife did not love him.

This lack of love is symbolic for the flaw in all patriarchy religions - a lack of real maternal love.

Think Mary - Queen of Heaven - in many old timers view, bigger than Jesus (just look at the statues)

I think the Qu'ran suggests that Mary should be the God of Christians (correct me if I'm wrong)..

Beatles - "Mother Mary Speaking words of Wisdom - Let it be"
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by kiransohail
i want you to be honest.
I'm not going to verbally abuse you or anything.
I just want honest reasons for why people hate islam. I know why in some cases. But if you are against our religion, is it because you don't understand it? Or that you don't have any other examples of muslim to prove what the media say about us wrong?
Here, have this can of ****ing worms.

HAVE IT.

TAKE IT.

IT IS YOURS.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by FredOrJohn
It does not matter if he existed or not because that is not the meaning of the thread. Its the "social" aspect not the "religion" or "history".

Sociologically, why do you like or dislike Islam. Its not whether its historically accurate.

But since you asked...
One would tend to suggest that Mohammed is of a similar time as King Arthur. Both might have existed and both have become (over the centuries) much more "wonderful" then they probably were in real life.

Arthur was probably a Scottish warrior (from around Edinburgh) and Mohammed was probably an Arabic warrior (from Saudi).

In the legends both are meant to be the most wonderful people who ever lived.

In reality they were probably both members of the patriarchy.

both have been bought down by a flaw - with Arthurs case it was that his wife did not love him.

This lack of love is symbolic for the flaw in all patriarchy religions - a lack of real maternal love.

Think Mary - Queen of Heaven - in many old timers view, bigger than Jesus (just look at the statues)

I think the Qu'ran suggests that Mary should be the God of Christians (correct me if I'm wrong)..

Beatles - "Mother Mary Speaking words of Wisdom - Let it be"

Muhammads existence is extremely important, he is supposedly the final messenger of god.

Because of him islam spread worldwide................all based on him and his messages.

The religion is completely dependant on the man and the book

He is supposed to be the perfect human being, billions model themselves after him.

Imagine if its revealed he didn't exist (which is more than likely true)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RobML
Wisdom needs to be of something (just as in knowledge doesn't exist on its own; it's always knowledge of something), ethics being one of those things in regards to religious texts. If the Quran contains nothing about right and wrong (ethics), then how are we to know how to act in accordance with God? If God doesn't care how we act, then we can't act in accordance with him. If that is the case then religion is reduced to nothing to a story of the world/universe- it would have no bearing whatsoever on how one lives their life. The same is true if right and wrong exist but are not communicated by God.
Posted from TSR Mobile

I assume you were speaking hypothetically. If you weren't though, the Qur'an of course contains ethics. If it didn't we turn to the prophet and his example.
I want you to be honest.
I'm not going to verbally abuse you or anything.
I just want honest reasons for why people hate Islam. I know WHY in some cases. But if you are against our religion, is it because you don't understand it? Or that you don't have any other examples of Muslim to prove what the media say about us wrong?

You asked for my opinion- I will probably get a ban for this but here we go. It is not Islam in the sense of the Religion i hate it is arabic people- they seem so arrogant and have a bad attitude in some cases, I am not going to generalise but certain arabs hate western democracy for example on the 74 bus from Birmingham to Dudley- Just yesterday I heard two muslim women behind me saying how much better Pakistan is compared to Britian, I turned around to them and said in a speach - they called it an epic rant and got me threw off the bus by the Polish driver I first stated

"If you and your Parents despise Britain that much there is always the option of going back to Pakistan, You came here to improve your lives but you degrade Britian badly- Coming to England provided you with many opportunities - Like the opportunity to free health care and education despite your nor your parents paying into the system prior to coming to Britain!"

"To accommodate people like yourselves which is a drain on public resources because on the whole you was just speaking on the phone to your dad about your benefits sanctioned - It costs us the working population millions every year" - This applies to white people on the dole aswell as Muslims- but i do not mind as much helping out my own people

Before being thrown off the bus my last comment was along the lines of;

"You can't exactly throw the race card at Britain because much of heritage has been knocked down to build you mosques this shows that us as Brits are being as accepting as possible by not only accepting you into the country and getting you accommodation when there is many war veterans in the street, it not only shows we are trying to intergrate you into British Society but you are ungrateful for it."

Another thing i do not like about Islam is the seriousness they have in religion "faith this faith that faith the other" Muslims seem far to serious about religion and the teachings of the Qu'Ran seeing them crack a smile at a religion joke only happens once in a blue moon - and thats if its about Christianity or Judaism

Finally I want to end on the point of Sharia Law and this is extremism at the very worst a muslim who lives and preaches Sharia Law in the UK and calls the BNP extremists is hypocrticical to say the least, to add to this i think Muslims who back ISIS - there are bound to be some in the UK, need deporting immediately as they are in grave danger of going to Syria getting the training which they need to become an ISIS fighter and then when they come back to the UK they can attempt to radicalise our muslims which will create a trickle down army of them which will have a negative impact on society and this is because A- it will be harder to track their terror attack plans because they will not use electronic communications to discuss plans when they can meet in a centralised location and thrash out a plan to do a terror attack in London, Birmingham, Manchester , Liverpool and Leeds just to name a few targets which are rumored to be ideal for ISIS terror attacks. And B if they can radicalise enough muslims lets say 1000 they will be a force to be reckoned with - which can do numerous terror attacks in regional armies after getting full training.

DISCLAIMER- this is not meant to generalise its just certain aspects of Islam i do not like, Well done if you got to the bottom of this post without clicking the report button
I don't feel comfortable talking about Islam anymore. I know the U.K. is becoming a draconian state where you can get arrested for merely having an opinion. So, I have decided to refrain from talking negatively about Islam, and the controversial aspects of the faith. Anyways, I wish you all the best, and hope that you can also appreciate what the other side has to say, and not view the world as being so black and white, or Islam against the west.

Because of him islam spread worldwide.

Actually no, that is incorrect. Islam spread for various reasons, very few of them connected directly to Mohammed. What you are saying is that Christianity spread worldwide due to Jesus - but we all know without St Paul it probably would not be that global religion. Its quite feasible that the entire Islam religion is the work of Bakr (in a Pauline way).
Original post by FredOrJohn
Actually no, that is incorrect. Islam spread for various reasons, very few of them connected directly to Mohammed. What you are saying is that Christianity spread worldwide due to Jesus - but we all know without St Paul it probably would not be that global religion. Its quite feasible that the entire Islam religion is the work of Bakr (in a Pauline way).

I don't think muhammed even existed.

I would say Abd al-malik had more to do with the creation of islam and the muhammed myth.
Reply 168
Original post by champ_mc99
I assume you were speaking hypothetically. If you weren't though, the Qur'an of course contains ethics. If it didn't we turn to the prophet and his example.

I was replying to someone who was saying it doesn't contain ethics.
Original post by RobML
I was replying to someone who was saying it doesn't contain ethics.

It depends what reading really- there is an adapted version which was created in Saudi Arabia which created terrorism groups such as ISIS and AlQueda through negative teachings of the religious book. I think Islam is probably the easiest religion to misinterpret.
Reply 170
Original post by drosstalk
It depends what reading really- there is an adapted version which was created in Saudi Arabia which created terrorism groups such as ISIS and AlQueda through negative teachings of the religious book. I think Islam is probably the easiest religion to misinterpret.

What reading of the Quran interprets it as containing no prescribed morality rather than just a different version of it?
Original post by RobML
What reading of the Quran interprets it as containing no prescribed morality rather than just a different version of it?

Well I'm just saying there is extremist version of it which says its fine for muslims to go around killing and torturing non muslims. It is taught prominently by Saudi Arabia and Iran who are both corrupt and racist countries. The normal version is OK its just that other readings of it are misinterpreted and used to poison people against the Western World. The normal version probably is moral but it has a branch of different teachings some have no morality whilst others do.
I don't think muhammed even existed.

I would say Abd al-malik had more to do with the creation of islam and the muhammed myth.

as i said I don't think its important
Original post by Aceadria
A few reasons:

If that is how feel, thank you for sharing it. I will not argue with you as I feel that it would be a longer discussion than we may predict it to be. It is also to do with opinions so I will leave you to your's after making one thing clear: I love my religion and have grown up understanding it and hearing it from different sides. However, I believe it is a just religion and everything has a reason behind it. Thank you for sharing.
Because of all of the pictures on the Britain First Facebook page about how "moslems" are taking over the UK by enforcing Shakira Law on everybody and how white people are going to be extinct by 2016

[joking]
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Dom2375
Because of all of the pictures on the Britain First Facebook page about how "moslems" are taking over the UK by enforcing Shakira Law on everybody and how white people are going to be extinct by 2016

Shariah Law*
Also, the media is always correct, right?
Original post by raeha_10
Shariah Law*
Also, the media is always correct, right?

I was joking
Original post by Eternalflames
Hahahah :rofl:

And almost everyone knows that the media is always unbelievably biased
And almost everyone knows that the media is always unbelievably biased

You're not saying Nadiya Hussain winning the bake off was a con?

What are saying - that is almost a sin against the Great Beeb...

Say 10 hail Mary's and repent.

Nice writing with you.
Cheers FredOrJohn
Original post by Dom2375

[joking]

Laws based on this song, right?

:rofl:

[video="youtube;DUT5rEU6pqM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUT5rEU6pqM[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending