Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Confused. I like him but I don't. Arh.

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Super confused.
    Sorry, this is going to be quite long. But please bare with me if you can.
    I like him, but I don't like him at the same time because of different reasons.
    I'm probably going to sound super indecisive but here's where I am at the moment with this situation.

I have a guy friend, we've been friends for at least 10 months now. In the beginning, I saw him as only a friend and brother. We performed together in shows and became quite close. We'd speak almost everyday and then later he admitted that he liked me and wanted me to be his girlfriend. I said no because I didn't feel the same way.
    Over time things became quite unusual and heated- though I am not physically attracted to him I became emotionally attached and connected to him. We began going on dates and even became quite sexual though it wasn't sex itself. After a while I realised this wasn't what I wanted.

I'm waiting until marriage to have sex and he says he is also but whenever he is around me, he's very touchy. I understand that he's physically attracted to me but constantly he would try kissing me and feeling me up which kind of put me off. In the past, he has also kind of forced himself on me. We were walking down the street and I told him not to kiss me but he did though my lips were not moving as he was doing so; he grabbed me in places he shouldn't have to as I didn't consent to it. I later forgave him because that was the first time ever he had acted that way and he relies on me often to help him with his family problems. After this incident, we did become closer months later which was when I did do sexual things in the moment however it was because of the emotional closeness I later had with him. I've never had this with a guy before.

He seems like he would be the type of boyfriend who would try and get me to have sex with him which is natural but as I've stated many times that I'm waiting- I wouldn't want to be pressured not just verbally but through the constant kissing and touching. I've decided to look for a guy who not only says he is waiting but is actually practising it and doesn't do the whole touching. I'm extremely career driven too. From what he's told me, my guy friend's hopes and dreams for us to move in together, basically be cohabiting couples while going to the same university then for me to have his children after getting married. I don't live for him, though I care about him I have my own dreams and hopes which includes me being successful in my chosen career (Acting) and establishing myself financially.

To get to the point finally, I really do care about him but all of these factors- plus the fact I'm not attracted to him physically has made me uncomfortable with the idea of being with him. I know it sounds shallow but he even said, if he wasn't physically attracted it would be hard for him to see me more than a best friend/sister. Why I'm so confused is because though I'm not his girlfriend and we're not dating- it gets to me a little that he may end up being with someone else as I've never had this emotional attachment with a guy before. I probably sound selfish. I wish the best for him though.

Your situation is so confusing

But looks like you need each other....
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.