The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm confident that just being born human is a blessing in these religions like Buddhism and Hinduism, you've had good karma if you're born human. So I don't think disabilities mean you've done something wrong in a past life. :smile: I don't think the religions ever mention it.
Original post by spv
Well, if you're disabled, I'm going to go out on a limb and say your life won't be easier than someone who doesn't have a disability? :colonhash:

Yes but why did Brahman want that persons life to be less easy? What is the reason? why was he chosen to be disabled/have a harder life?
Original post by Truthteller10
Read Qur'an 44:51-54

Qur'an 52:20 and Qur'an 55:70-75. The number of houris being 72 was actually a minimum, but the Qu'ran describes how fit the houris are.

One again on TSR a Non muslim shows greater knowledge about Islam than a muslim.

Lol. No you haven't.

The minimum, as agreed by scholars, is 2. Please show me where in those verses it says men will get a minimum of 72 virgins in paradise.
Original post by nucdev
(What I wrote the other day):

The Law of Karma understood in its full complexity is that a whole host of other things also gang up on a person which are beyond their control. The fact that someone has a disability could have nothing whatsoever to do with what they have/have not done in this/previous life and could be a product of circumstance, environmental factors, genetics, parents' actions or something else.

The mature understanding of the Law of Karma also says that YOUR Karma is to help someone out who is suffering, not to turn your back. It does not allow you to become indifferent to the suffering of others (or yourself).

Thats the real reason.

Any other reason is nonsense dogma.
Original post by yasminkattan
Lol. No you haven't.

The minimum, as agreed by scholars, is 2. Please show me where in those verses it says men will get a minimum of 72 virgins in paradise.

It's in the Hadith's, written by men around the time of muhammed.

Even Ibn Katir, you're greatest ever Commentator or Islam said that the minimum amount of women Jihadis would get to have sex with in paradise in 100, and allah being the merciful god he is would give the men eternal erections

Abu Umama narrated: "The Messenger of God said, 'Everyone that God admits into paradise will be married to 72 wives; two of them are houris and seventy of his inheritance of the [female] dwellers of hell. All of them will have libidinous sex organs and he will have an ever-erect penis.'

"Sunan Ibn Majah, Zuhd (Book of Abstinence) 39It was mentioned by Daraj Ibn Abi Hatim, that Abu al-Haytham

'Adullah Ibn Wahb narrated from Abu Sa'id al-Khudhri, who heard the Prophet Muhammad PBUH saying, 'The smallest reward for the people of Heaven is an abode where there are eighty thousand servants and seventy-two houri, over which stands a dome decorated with pearls, aquamarine and ruby, as wide as the distance from al-Jabiyyah to San'a.

LOOOOL, What a religion :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Reply 25
Original post by HonestFellow
Yes but why did Brahman want that persons life to be less easy? What is the reason? why was he chosen to be disabled/have a harder life?

If everything was easy, where would development come from? Where would anyone learn anything? The disabled person wasn't CHOSEN TO BE DISABLED. He wasn't chosen for anything.

EVERYONE will have some form of "easy" or "diffculty" in their life, throughout their life. It's through adversity one learns.
For example, I wasn't born into a rich family, like A LOT of people, but I wasn't born into a poverty-like poor family either. I can't help where I was born, I can't help what I was given (or not), I CAN help what I do with the opportunity I've been given. I can choose to turn my back on the disabled person who can't open the door for themselves, or I can help by opening the door for that person.

Your disabled person in question, will have difficulty in his life that other non disabled wont have. The disabled wasn't chosen for anything. He's only disabled due to faults in his DNA.
(edited 7 years ago)
If Glenn Hoddle hadn't piped up we might have won the 2002 World Cup :facepalm2:

Yes, this is relevant to this thread.
Original post by rockrunride
If Glenn Hoddle hadn't piped up we might have won the 2002 World Cup :facepalm2:

Yes, this is relevant to this thread.

glen hoddle's a ****
No, not all hindus believe that. Using your same logic and taking a literal interpretation, all Hindus should be vegetarian and there is a substantial number who arent.

This is fallacious and ignorant.
Original post by Zargabaath
Lol that's not how Karma in Hinduism works :lol:

Wb korma ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

kormas for people who don't know anything bout indian food
*In Qurand it was written that earth is flat and sun revolves around earth, and Pegasus still exists now tell me where in the world there logic in this* 🤦🏻

Latest